PS I got a $20 PS gift card.Suggestions for what to get?

• Thread starter Brick1309
  • Start date
Brick1309

Brick1309

The Nintendo Nerd
Towns Folk
I got a $20 dollar PS gift card and don't know what to get.For preferences for me, I like simulators,racing,shooter,rpg, and sports games.Just thought I would ask for suggestions :p

You should get Resident Evil 4 if you're into shooting games. Back then I used to be a Nintendo fan and only played Pokémon and Mario ,but then one time my brother went to GameStop and he bought a game and I didn't know what it was. Then I heard him say it was called "Resident Evil 4"when he got bored of it I started to play it and when I was playing it was super fun although you had to check your surroundings to kill the zombies and shoot them. The whole story is really cool and it's something you wouldn't want to miss ,but if you want to buy a game that has online access then you can go ahead and buy something else ,but I really recommend you to buy it.

Rocket League.

You won't regret it especially since you like racing. My god ive played so much

Reactions: Tanner and Marc
  • Bloodborne - I heard it's a pretty amazing RPG.
  • Don't Starve - I'm not sure if the multiplayer version is on the PlayStation console, but DS is fun.
  • Life Is Strange - You can buy it in parts for a lower price but you can get the whole season for cheaper ($20).

Life is Strange is GREAT!

I'd also like to recommend The Last of Us, it goes on sales from time to time.

If you can get Overwatch. It's a phenomenal game and will last you ages (but might be more than 20). Otherwise bloodborne/dark souls 3 are both solid, if really difficult, games. The Last of Us is an excellent game, well worth it. Any Persona game is a great buy too, you might be able to get Persona 4. Shadow of the Colossus is a great game and worth playing. Life is Strange is fantastic but it's completely story based.

Also consider buying on G2A or Kinguin in the future if you have a budget.

Also consider buying on G2A or Kinguin in the future if you have a budget.

Kinguin perhaps but G2A is not a good company. They essentially get game keys, many of them stolen or illegal, and sell them cheap. A common practice is buying keys in bulk with stolen credit cards then selling the keys on G2A, when the charges on the stolen cards are charged back the stolen keys end up costing the developer. In some cases a lot of money and in the case of indie developers it can ruin them killing the company. Supporting such a company seems wrong to me

Kinguin perhaps but G2A is not a good company. They essentially get game keys, many of them stolen or illegal, and sell them cheap. A common practice is buying keys in bulk with stolen credit cards then selling the keys on G2A, when the charges on the stolen cards are charged back the stolen keys end up costing the developer. In some cases a lot of money and in the case of indie developers it can ruin them killing the company. Supporting such a company seems wrong to me
I ain't a Saint. Likely Kinguin is doing something very similar if the prices are that close together. I honestly don't care, your choices are your choices don't tell say that to make yourself look nice or whatever, whoever gets into these sites gets a product and knows what they could possibly be getting it from. I am simply being resourceful. I am not the one committing the crime, that I do not even know actually happened. If game companies want to stop it, maybe think about suing or shutting down the site, they have a cause of action, and a pretty big one if you ask me. But so far they have done absolutely nothing to stop this site from doing exactly what it's been doing so honestly they sort of have it coming. I have bought tons of games for me and for friends in the past on this website and have had no troubles at all. And while this may be 'wrong' in some shape or form, the games industry isn't going down anytime soon, and you don't see people donating to it. I would rather spend my hard-earned money on something worth that money. If I see a game with a decently fair price on Steam, I will purchase it. But for games like Battlefront and Farcry, the cash grabbing nature of executives infuriates me, so I be resourceful and purchase from a site like G2A. And I advise you to as well. The game companies do nothing, so don't you dare tell me that I'm doing something 'wrong' because if it were wrong, considering how large it is, something would have been done about it. If you care that much about the well-being of small indie games companies then donate or something, don't go around telling people they're committing a crime.

I ain't a Saint. Likely Kinguin is doing something very similar if the prices are that close together. I honestly don't care, your choices are your choices don't tell say that to make yourself look nice or whatever, whoever gets into these sites gets a product and knows what they could possibly be getting it from. I am simply being resourceful. I am not the one committing the crime, that I do not even know actually happened. If game companies want to stop it, maybe think about suing or shutting down the site, they have a cause of action, and a pretty big one if you ask me. But so far they have done absolutely nothing to stop this site from doing exactly what it's been doing so honestly they sort of have it coming. I have bought tons of games for me and for friends in the past on this website and have had no troubles at all. And while this may be 'wrong' in some shape or form, the games industry isn't going down anytime soon, and you don't see people donating to it. I would rather spend my hard-earned money on something worth that money. If I see a game with a decently fair price on Steam, I will purchase it. But for games like Battlefront and Farcry, the cash grabbing nature of executives infuriates me, so I be resourceful and purchase from a site like G2A. And I advise you to as well. The game companies do nothing, so don't you dare tell me that I'm doing something 'wrong' because if it were wrong, considering how large it is, something would have been done about it. If you care that much about the well-being of small indie games companies then donate or something, don't go around telling people they're committing a crime.

It's this exact culture that led to Trump getting elected, to racism perpetuating and to so much more. I do tell people that it's wrong to buy from G2A and will continue to do so because such actions are wrong and creates a continuing cycle of this problem. I am not saying this to make myself look nice (which is really a ridiculous accusation), there is a genuine lack of awareness as to the scamming that G2A does and I think that this awareness should be shared as much as possible.
It's true it is your choice, however I'm merely trying to persuade you that this choice isn't really the best way to go about it, especially when there are other sites offering equivalent prices without all the scamming. These days even steam offers stuff incredibly cheap - I saw the Witcher 3 for 500 rupees (8 dollars basically). When you have a litany of alternatives which are just straight up better, paying that little bit extra seems like a small price to pay.

It's this exact culture that led to Trump getting elected, to racism perpetuating and to so much more. I do tell people that it's wrong to buy from G2A and will continue to do so because such actions are wrong and creates a continuing cycle of this problem. I am not saying this to make myself look nice (which is really a ridiculous accusation), there is a genuine lack of awareness as to the scamming that G2A does and I think that this awareness should be shared as much as possible.
It's true it is your choice, however I'm merely trying to persuade you that this choice isn't really the best way to go about it, especially when there are other sites offering equivalent prices without all the scamming. These days even steam offers stuff incredibly cheap - I saw the Witcher 3 for 500 rupees (8 dollars basically). When you have a litany of alternatives which are just straight up better, paying that little bit extra seems like a small price to pay.
( ' _ ' ) hah.. no..

Kay bro

I got Gran Turismo 6. Thanks for the suggestions tho. I just decided to go with it because I like the style of Gran Turismo and my brother also likes it.

Reactions: Ashkil
Back