I got a NES...

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
Catstew

Catstew

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
...for $9. (and this sweet Mario paper figurine for $1!)

JUwI7QR.png

You might be saying "How the heck did he get a NES for $9? It's usually $33!"

Well, I did buy it for $38. Kinda.

Here's the story, me and my dad are at a flea market, selling stuff, then I go to see this guy who had a NES for $38. I was able to get him to give it to me for $33, but I still didn't have enough money. By the end of the day, I had nearly half of what I had to pay for. I was also planning to pre order Tomodachi Life. I had to decide what I wanted, and I couldn't!

Then I went around the flea market, and I saw this copy of The Windwaker for GameCube. I had to get it because I love GameCube, and had one at home, and I got it for $1. I then went to the guy selling the NES, and showed him the game, saying "Look at this game I got for a dollar! It was so cheap!", and he said "Whoa, that's awesome. It's usually $25!"

Then I thought...
I had around $15 with me from selling stuff. The game was $25. The NES is $33. IDEA!
I traded him the game, covering $25, and I gave him 8$ from my money, and I then got the NES! (I also bought 3 other games for it!)

In the end, I had $5 to pre order Tomodachi Life! :D

So, that's my story. Hope to collect more retro systems soon! I'll keep you guys updated! :)

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I also got a wooden penguin. I call him Sir Penguino!

Mh40tRj.png

Reactions: 3dsatackman, TAG and Heart
Well played, you got yourself a NES! -pokemon item music plays-

Cool! I've never actually played a physical NES (or SNES for that matter) but I'd like to. I saw one in Goodwill the other day but it was $25 and I said heck no.

You should buy Lost Levels for it.

That penguin is great.

I think it's sad that he actually paid you $25 for a game you bought for $1. You basically took 2500% profit. Do you feel no guilt at all? :p
But congratulations on going against what everyone else said in the shoutbox :cat: I hope you enjoy your spiffy little NES.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
That penguin is great.

I think it's sad that he actually paid you $25 for a game you bought for $1. You basically took 2500% profit. Do you feel no guilt at all? :p
But congratulations on going against what everyone else said in the shoutbox :cat: I hope you enjoy your spiffy little NES.

Well, it was just luck!

...and yeah, I do feel a little guilty, but everyone's done it before. xD

wow, lucky you. I don't think I ever got to play a NES. Paper mario looks awesome. Cute penguin. You bagged yourself a bargain! (I think) :p

That Penguin. :love:

The're some amazing games for the NES, and you had an adventure today! You got yourself a good deal. I hope you are able to get some NES games now.

That Penguin. :love:

The're some amazing games for the NES, and you had an adventure today! You got yourself a good deal. I hope you are able to get some NES games now.

My connectors need to be replaced. Another week till I can play it. xD

Thats some good bargaining I'd say. I haven't been able to find any good NES for sale, cheap, near me. I really wish I had access to one :( I guess VC and emulators will have to cover it for me :p

Back