• Thread starter sonicandres1
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicandres1

sonicandres1

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So.... I recieved a christmas gift, which turned out to be a SMASH SPLAT PACK wii u. However, there seems to have been a problem during my two month span of time for my system. Every so often, I boot smash up, and I notice something different about the framerate. It drops framerate and the game feels and looks choppy; not choppy as in unplayable, but choppy as in ugly to see. This happens with splatoon some times as well. NONE OF MY DISCS HAVE THIS!!! I have a warranty for the system, but I just don't want to lose all of my information. would it be possible for me to "log out" of the wii u and "log in on the new one I can get? is this common? Note that not every time I open the games they play like this, but what can I do? The last thing I want to do is use the warranty, but If i have to, I will.

Yeah, well, splatton is a heavy game, so dont expect any miricle cure to the lag.

Yeah, well, splatton is a heavy game, so dont expect any miricle cure to the lag.
What do you mean by heavy? Splatoon by itself is only aroung 1GB. Smash is 15GB

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu and Mikaya
What do you mean by heavy? Splatoon by itself is only aroung 1GB. Smash is 15GB
Oh, wow

EDIT: My disc version of smash also did have some frame rate decreases. Is it possible the screen I'm using to play on cannot handle the game smoothly? I have yet to test it, but that might be the case. If so, the gamepad should be free of frame rate drops right? I'm still clueless. Let me know if anybody has solved this. Maybe my wii u has just a bit of memory because of smash and splatoon, but I haven't checked or found out if that can be the cause. Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me

EDIT: My disc version of smash also did have some frame rate decreases. Is it possible the screen I'm using to play on cannot handle the game smoothly? I have yet to test it, but that might be the case. If so, the gamepad should be free of frame rate drops right? I'm still clueless. Let me know if anybody has solved this. Maybe my wii u has just a bit of memory because of smash and splatoon, but I haven't checked or found out if that can be the cause. Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me
What kind of TV are you using, and what resolution are you playing with? I tried playing smash wii u on a Tv which could only do 480p and...well... I didn't have a great time (I just used the gamepad the entire time). I dont think the Tv is the entire issue, but who knows. Is this occuring for both online and offline play or just online?

It tends to happen some times. Go change your screen resolution settings and see if that changes it

It may be a faulty console (there is one that render Smash's characters weirdly too).

If you want to use the Warranty option, you will have to transfer to data to the new device (since your Nintendo account is linked to the console). If you are able to transfer the data from your faulty console to the new one, you won't lose anything.

Another alternative is that your TV isn't compatible. Check your screen settings and lower the resolution to 720p.
A good way to test this is by playing with the Gamepad rather the TV.

I tested out all my options, and these are my results:
The console had no framadrops and it turns out the tv I have is in poor condition to keep up with smash. I should save up for a new tv, but I am saving up for other things at the moment and I have no problem using the all powerful gamepad. As for splatoon, I can use it on my tv. After all, it dosent look to bad as of now. Thanks to everyone who suggested the options I had, I do appreciate it

Glad to know it isn't your Wii U, at least you can enjoy 60 fps on your Gamepad :D

Reactions: sonicandres1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back