Ultimate I love world of light & spirits in ultimate ! (fan thread)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
one of my favorite things in smash for wii u& 3ds was definitely the customization options for characters and miis. the custom specials made palutena OP and easy for me to use on wii u during some crazy orders farming for money, ands helped me game classic quickly as well (only mid intensity max though, too high im not skilled enough with anyone on smash 4. ultimate however byleths route is cake easy for me, most likely since shes easiest for me to play). well, at first i was kinda disappointed trophies were going off the map, but boy was i surprised in the end lol...

they added pretty much the same functionality for spirits in ultimate, but they seem to far exceed the overall power of the generic (yet very helpful) customs in smash on 3ds/ wii u by a very big margin. sadly there isnt a homerun bat spirit (i used a simple setup for this to farm crazy orders on the wii u more effectively and safely), i hope this gets added later in the upcoming DLC spirit sets. as i dont need to buy the cooresponding character to access the spirits from them, it is just a bit slower to get them is all if you dont buy the character which i can personally deal with. but other than this, i absolutely love the spirit functionality in ultimate and it gave us a fun, full new level of possible maximum dps in world of light and normal solo battles. this is what has me playing this game so much and not getting tired of it easily; theres just so many strong spirit builds and no matter who your main is theres always a character based setup somewhere in the game for them. or, you can just get straight to the point and abuse super armor or starting off big in a fight (some of the most broken when combined with the right sub spirits and a decent amount of skill), and we can auto heal now too.

theres just an endless amount of ways to enjoy this type of customization and its also why i love doing world of light for long hours when i play. if i dont do that i try out new sets in regular offline battles and this is also funny. down B from byleth can be one shot lol, and so can charged nuetral haha, its super fun. am i the only one who loves this about ultimate?

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
I really like the map. It just looks dope. And world of light doesnt get boring for me because each time i play it, i play it differently and some might say it’s repetetive but i say it’s not because each fight has different conditions and each fight is unique in its own way. I wish that nintendo would expand on world of light in a future update but it probably will never happen. And i love spirits because they’re collectible. And i love 100%ing stuff cuz im a competionist. And there are new spirits added now and then which makes it really fun.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
I'm also a big fan of Spirits and World of Light!! I've 100 percented World of Light. And have collected every spirit! (Except Dragaux :mad:) I've also completed New Game+ and replay the bosses when I'm bored. I also like the customization options and how you have to figure out which spirits you should use that are best suited to the situation. A recent memory is the fight against the Max Brass Spirit. I tried challenging myself by using no spirits. So I tried again and again and again. But in the end, the way I got the spirit was anticlimactic. I just ended up cheesing him to win. One of the places I frequent at is the Spirit Board because of the constant amount of events happening! I don't wanna put the game down while waiting for the next event spirit, so I end up playing for hours. I have so many duplicates that I'm scared to even look at my inventory to sort it out. But I guess that's the only downside I have.

I really like the map. It just looks dope. And world of light doesnt get boring for me because each time i play it, i play it differently and some might say it’s repetetive but i say it’s not because each fight has different conditions and each fight is unique in its own way. I wish that nintendo would expand on world of light in a future update but it probably will never happen. And i love spirits because they’re collectible. And i love 100%ing stuff cuz im a competionist. And there are new spirits added now and then which makes it really fun.
I agree! The artstyle of the map looks really cool! But I really wished they added longer sections similar to the courses in Break the Targets or Subspace Emissary. Collecting spirits is super fun too! Except if you miss one (Looking at you, Dragaux! :mad:) however I do dislike the fact that they don't tell you the ways of getting certain spirits. I didn't even know you were supposed to buy at the shop, or complete challenges! I do think that when fighter's pass 2 is completed, events will eventually stop happening, which is sad. I really liked that they had Cuphead spirits. And that the fight against certain characters can change if you have the DLC purchased. I didn't even know the cuphead fight changed if you didn't buy the costume! I just bought the cuphead and sans costumes the moment they released! The conditions were also neat additions that added some variety.

Reactions: Deepak
I'm also a big fan of Spirits and World of Light!! I've 100 percented World of Light. And have collected every spirit! (Except Dragaux :mad:) I've also completed New Game+ and replay the bosses when I'm bored. I also like the customization options and how you have to figure out which spirits you should use that are best suited to the situation. A recent memory is the fight against the Max Brass Spirit. I tried challenging myself by using no spirits. So I tried again and again and again. But in the end, the way I got the spirit was anticlimactic. I just ended up cheesing him to win. One of the places I frequent at is the Spirit Board because of the constant amount of events happening! I don't wanna put the game down while waiting for the next event spirit, so I end up playing for hours. I have so many duplicates that I'm scared to even look at my inventory to sort it out. But I guess that's the only downside I have.

I agree! The artstyle of the map looks really cool! But I really wished they added longer sections similar to the courses in Break the Targets or Subspace Emissary. Collecting spirits is super fun too! Except if you miss one (Looking at you, Dragaux! :mad:) however I do dislike the fact that they don't tell you the ways of getting certain spirits. I didn't even know you were supposed to buy at the shop, or complete challenges! I do think that when fighter's pass 2 is completed, events will eventually stop happening, which is sad. I really liked that they had Cuphead spirits. And that the fight against certain characters can change if you have the DLC purchased. I didn't even know the cuphead fight changed if you didn't buy the costume! I just bought the cuphead and sans costumes the moment they released! The conditions were also neat additions that added some variety.
im not someone who really does a lot of 100%ing in games, i usually play for fun tbh and i stick with a couple characters im good with when i play. collecting is nice, but i usually look at the spirit attributes before i buy them in the main game shop. for events these can be fun, especially the limited time ones i will target the 3* and 4* spirits first since these are usually the best ones. i will play any level spirit during events if theres a gold reward boost as i have enough sp (more than i feel like admitting) and maybe if an item boost, it generally depends on how much more of an item i can carry though... i have an overabundunce of snacks as well since i havent had to max level spirits for a while. these boosts are great for people who just started the game though, theyll need it to get going on story mode since some fights are a pain too early on (especially when your mains or best characters are all the way at the end, looking at you bayonetta... nintendo please ;-; ) . probably the most frustrating thing about going from scratch imo... but since we got byleth im not too worried now haha =)

i persoanlly enjoy collecting the strong ones since i love doing OP runs on world of light, always love to see any 4* event exclusives and beat them. sadly we cant get these for very long, clockout =(

Back