RMT / Team Help I need help putting a team together

• Thread starter 132jumpop
  • Start date
132jumpop

132jumpop

Video Game Expert
Towns Folk
I know how to battle, breed, EV train and everything, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't put a good team together. My current team consists of Gliscor, Klefki, Sceptile, Bisharp, Hawlucha, and Gallade. They're all fine on their own, but they just don't make a great team together. If someone with a bit of experience could help me put a good team together that would be great. Also, this is for single battles in case you didn't know.

Reactions: PalD2
Could you provide us with the set you run for each of your Pokemon currently?
A few things I could recommend is having your Gliscor run a stallbreaker set as followed:
gliscor.gif

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Careful/Impish Nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
-Toxic
-Knock Off
-Protect
-Earthquake

This is great against some of those tankier Pokemon that won't faint easily against some of your Offensive Pokemon. Also how are you using Klefki? Klefki has a big name for itself for one reason: Prankster (Actually it's Prankster + Swagger but still Prankster). Here's something you could do with Klefki

klefki.gif

Klefki @Leftovers
Prankster
Careful Nature
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Atk
-Magnet Rise
-Foul Play
-Thunder Wave
-Play Rough

This Klefki is great for supporting your team, it can use Thunder Wave to slow down some of the opponent's faster Pokemon, and Magnet Rise to to prevent it from getting hit by super effective Ground Type attacks. Foul Play and Play Rough serve as two attacking options in case you either get Taunted or if your facing Ground Type Pokemon.

That's about the most I can think of by the top of my head. It would help to know what you already have down so that I can just tell you what changes you could make.

Sorry for not posting this originally, but here they are:

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish Nature
252 Def, and about 80 in attack Spe, Atk and Sp. Def
-Toxic
-Knock Off
-Protect
-Sustitute

Klefki @Leftovers
Prankster
Careful Nature
-Spikes
-Toxic
-Thunder Wave
-Play Rough

Sceptile @Sceptilite
Unburden
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect
-Giga Drain

Bisharp @Weakness Policy
Defiant
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Not used
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off

Hawlucha @Power Herb
Unburden
Jolly Nature
252 Spe, 240 Atk, 16 Def
-Hone Claws
-Stone Edge
-Sky Attack
-High Jump Kick

Gallade @Rocky Helmet
Steadfast
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
-Drain Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Punch

If I missed something, let me know.

Edit: Whoops, didn't mean to tag someone.

Remember, if you don't want to follow these recomendations is completely fine.
These rates are based in my opinion and experience in competitive team, so is ok if you don't change at all your sets ;)

sceptile.gif

Sceptile @Sceptilite
Unburden
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect
-Giga Drain

We are building around Mega Sceptile huh? I love this mega XD and Sceptile is my second fav Pokémon too

First, it would be nice to find a Fire/Water/Grass core around this thing, as well as a Dragon/Steel/Fairy one too.
First, some mons use Protect to mega evolve safely are ussualy slow, Sceptile already is super fast before mega evolveing, so he doesn't need protect

Now, there is two set I recomend using with Sceptile (in my experience, I use to build A LOT around Sceptile XD)

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast/HP Fire
- Substitute
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast/HP Fire
- Earthquake

Note that if you want to run HP Fire, you should run either 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe (to outspeed Thundurus before mega) or 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe (to outspeed Raikou before mega)

gallade-2.gif

Gallade @Rocky Helmet
Steadfast
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
-Drain Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Shadow Sneak
-Ice Punch

Ahh, Gallade, he is definetly one of my favourite mons and the coolest mega of all time... but sadly is not that great without his mega stone

That's why my advice is replacing it with
azumarill-3.gif

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
Azumarill no only haves an EXCELENT Synergy with mr Sceptile over here by completing 2/3 of the cores (F/W/G & D/S/F), but is just such an amazing mon that can come in and get a kill, also doing the exact same job that Gallade did, but better, because Azu is Water Type, and Water is the best type... and he is also Fairy, and Fairy is the best type

If you want, you can use a Belly Drum set or a AV set if you don't like the Choice Band, but Choice Band looks like the best idea for this team

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

They both can hit what the other one can't (Mega Sceptile counters completely Rotom-W, Azu's greatest enemy) and also tank hits directed to each other (Azu can easily tank Ice and Dragon moves for Sceptile, while Sceptile takes the Grass moves and gets a SpAtk boost if he gets hit by a Electric type move)

klefki.gif

Klefki @Leftovers
Prankster
Careful Nature
-Spikes
-Toxic
-Thunder Wave
-Play Rough

Why does people hate Klefki so much? Its design is cute and lovely, and he is a great mon over all, but I can see something working here that may be a bit better for this team (Also, you shouldn't use Play Rough in Klefki unless you are using it in Ubers to counter Xerneas)

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt
You need something to defeat stall better, that's why I'm adding Stallbreaker Heatran

He fits perfectly here, since he completes the Fire/Water/Grass core and the Dragon/Steel/Fairy core with 3 Pokémon, which is pretty cool!!

He can take Dragon, Grass, Ice, Bug, Flying (Talonflame is a huge threat to Sceptile, so having Tran here is quite helpful) and Fairy moves for Sceptile and Azu, while the other 2 can take Fighting, Ground and Water types moves pretty well

bisharp.gif

Bisharp @Weakness Policy
Defiant
Adamant Nature
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Not used
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off

First NEVER left EVs unused, they can be the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO

Second, your set is pretty good, but I'm going to change something

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Life Orb is much better than Weakness Policy in Bisharp, Bisharp doesn't have the bulk to tank SE effective moves (sometimes not even neutral moves) and Life Orb gives you a 1.3 booost in your moves which is amazing. If you don't like recoil, then you can use Lum Berry or Black Glasses, but in that case run always Adamant, if you run Life Orb you can run Adamant or Jolly

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish Nature
252 Def, and about 80 in attack Spe, Atk and Sp. Def
-Toxic
-Knock Off
-Protect
-Sustitute

I would change that set to this one

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

In your team, you lack of the best move in the game, which is Stealth Rocks
This thing fixes it
244 EVs invested into HP let Gliscor hit a Poison Heal number, allowing it to gain maximal recovery from Poison Heal each turn. 56 Speed EVs enable Gliscor to outpace Adamant Bisharp and Breloom. The rest goes in bulk.
Also, you don't really need Protect in Gliscor, unless you are using a Stall team (and playing too pasive can be a disadvantage while using this team). Also insta Recovery in Roost is always a plus

Finally Hawlucha!!
hawlucha.gif

This is my favourite Pokémon in gen 6, but we need something to take hazards away
And honestly, there is a lot of stuff that we could put here

starmie.gif
latios.gif
latias.gif
excadrill.gif

Any of these Pokémon can help you with your team

Starmie gives you Rapid Spin support, while also giving you another Water type (yay Water types)
Latios is an amazing Walbreaker while packing Defog, but Latias gives you more bulk and Healing Wish support, but you can only obtain these two with Defog if you catch them in 4th gen
Finally, Excadrill is an excelent Revenge Killer with Choice Scarf and Rapid Spin, using Rapid Spin with him kills a lot of momentum, but if you play it well, you can go over that

Choosing one of the other should be under your choice (I personally prefer Starmie here)

Ask me for the set if you decide ;)

And that's it, sorry If changed too much things, I repeat, this is based on my opinion and personal recomendations, so you can take them all, only some or just not take them into account

If you have problems finding or breeding these mons, remember that there is a lot of Pokémon shops (where you can get the Heatran and the HP Fire Sceptile too) to get them.
If you have problems catching the legendaries in this team, I made a guide with tips to catch Legendaries with good IVs

That's it, I hope it helped and have a nice day Ü

Last edited:
Reactions: 132jumpop
This Scepitle's HP would be dark.

This Scepitle's HP would be dark.
If you want, you could breed for one (Is kinda hard I know)

If you want to stay with your current Sceptile, then go for Focus Blast, is less accurate, but is the best thing you can have if you don't have access to HP Fire

I'm really not in the mood for breeding for that, so I'll stick with Focus Blast.

Reactions: Zukrad
I'm done with the rates... sorry if is too long, I got a little excited XD (I love Sceptile)

Thanks for the help! :D

I just read the whole thing, and to me, it all looks like great advise. It's kinda funny that you mentioned Azumaril, as I am in the middle of raising one just like that. Do you know of any specific place where I could get a good Heatran like that? I have no idea where to start looking. And could you please give me a set for Starmie? I think I'll breed one of those. And again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I just read the whole thing, and to me, it all looks like great advise. It's kinda funny that you mentioned Azumaril, as I am in the middle of raising one just like that. Do you know of any specific place where I could get a good Heatran like that? I have no idea where to start looking. And could you please give me a set for Starmie? I think I'll breed one of those. And again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
For Heatran, you're gonna have to Soft Reset. A lot. It's not fun, but it's what has to be done.
For Starmie, I like doing a Spinner set:

starmie.gif

Starmie @Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid Nature
252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Spe.
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Recover
-Psyshock

This way you can handle any Stealth Rocks or Spikes that could cripple some of your other Pokemon. I only use a Spinner in case I don't have a Defogger on my team, so unless you don't have plans for Defogging, this Starmie is a pretty good go for the team.

Soft Reseting, or find someone that is selling one here at 3DS Pedia
I'm actually planing to get one after I finish SRing Latios, since I sold most of mines, so keep an eye in my next auction

Well, about the Starmie
starmie.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

In this team, I see an Offensive Starmie being much more effective than a defensive one (since you don't have a super weak to hazards Pokémon, you can rely in a more offensive build, since deffensive builds are made to stay alive a long time, and work better for teams that need the Hazard support a lot, like Charizard teams)

BoltBeam is quite helpful since you don't have a Ice or Electric move in your team, Analytic gives you more Power if they act BEFORE you (Switching counts as acting before you, that means free 1.3x boost if they try to switch out).

It also synergyses quite well with the rest of the team, thanks to its typing can work as a back up sponge, but it can't switch into moves too many times like the defensive ones since it lacks of recovery and status heal, unlike the deffensive one.

imo, Offensive Starmie > Defensive Starmie in this team

I forgot to ask this yesterday, but why should Heatran have 0 Attack IVs?

I forgot to ask this yesterday, but why should Heatran have 0 Attack IVs?

Confusion and Foul Play damage gets calculated by the target's attack

That means a 31 IVs Attack Heatran will recieve more damage when he gets attacked by Foul Play (or confusion) than a 0 IVs attack one.

Since you are not using the attack stat anyways, having 0 IVs in attack is an advantage in those cases, but is not completely neccesary

Pretty much : if you managed to get a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Heatran, perfect, if not 31/x/31/31/31/31 is fine too (you get more dmamage when confused tho)

mira en un combate individual seria rrecomendable que los tubieras en ese orden y usarlo como en el mismo Hawlucha, Klefki, Gliscor, Sceptile, Bisharp y Gallade, en un combate doble te rrecomiendo que los uses asi Hawlucha y Gliscor, Klefki y Gallade, Sceptile y Bisharp o tu desides como combinarlos

mira en un combate individual seria rrecomendable que los tubieras en ese orden y usarlo como en el mismo Hawlucha, Klefki, Gliscor, Sceptile, Bisharp y Gallade, en un combate doble te rrecomiendo que los uses asi Hawlucha y Gliscor, Klefki y Gallade, Sceptile y Bisharp o tu desides como combinarlos

Realmente depende del equipo del oponente, si predices a Keldeo liderando (probablemente para hacer counter a Gliscor), entonces Sceptile es tu mejor opcion, eres mas rapido en el primer turno Y ADEMAS mega evolucionas gratis. En la mayoria de los escenarios vas a querer liderar con Gliscor para poner Trampa Rocas lo mas pronto posible.

*decides

(It really depends on the opponent's team matchup, if you predict Keldeo leading (probably countering lead Gliscor), then Sceptile is your best option, you are faster AND you get the mega evolution for free.
In most scenarios you will want to lead with Gliscor to get Stealth Rocks as soon as possible tho.)

yo solo te di mi opinión tu eres que elijes como enfrentarlos , y eso que dices no esta del todo equivocado ya que si te tiran a Keldeo seria un problema para ti

yo solo te di mi opinión tu eres que elijes como enfrentarlos , y eso que dices no esta del todo equivocado ya que si te tiran a Keldeo seria un problema para ti

Gramatica por favor?

Ademas, te recuerdo que estamos en un foro de habla inglesa

(Grammar please?

Also, I remind you that we are in a english speaking forum)

Back