Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
NintendoShiznit95

NintendoShiznit95

Belongs in the trash
Towns Folk
I'm currently interested in buying Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube. The problem is, it costs around $80-$194. I'm trying not to spend too much money on games right now, but I could possibly get it in the future. But I want to know: is it worth the money? I've heard that it's the best Smash game, and I want to see for myself.

Its only the best smash game if you want to go competitive but even then I would only recommend it if you REALLY wanted it and considering that you're even asking this I would advice against throwing your entire wallet at it.

Yea you should get it , it's really rare and I Recommend you to get it because it has many rare and unplayable characters and if you buy it , it will be worth more as years go by and by an you will have fun playing it as well

I'd just emulate it, it's not worth buying but it is worth playing.

no, I dont recomend it, compared to smash 3ds/wiiu its very unbalanced and it have less characters

I disagree there, at least the bottom tier characters in Melee can actually do stuff, Pichu can zero to death fast fallers, where as bottom tier characters in Smash 4 are clunky and will lose indefinitely.

ew furry

Last edited:
I'm currently interested in buying Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube. The problem is, it costs around $80-$194. I'm trying not to spend too much money on games right now, but I could possibly get it in the future. But I want to know: is it worth the money? I've heard that it's the best Smash game, and I want to see for myself.

Competitively, Melee is considered the best Smash thanks to the amount of skill neede to play it and all the options you have

But $80 is WAAAAAAAAY too much

I found one at like $16 (used, of course).

Don't buy the game new... actually, don't buy any really old game new

I'd just emulate it, it's not worth buying but it is worth playing.
Eh, I'm not too big on using emulators to play games, excluding fangames/ROM hacks.

Emulators are terrible they are a waste of time too because you might accidently delete them and it will be a waste of time just get it @NintendoShiznit95

I agree with @ShorJaken. The game is completely worth trying so you know why Melee fan people like it. I'm not saying you'll like it too but you'll see the difference at once. And since you may not like it, well buying it wight be a huge waste of money. So that's why you should find a way to try it without wasting your money like with an emulator or something. Then buy it if you like it ;)
It's even better to get it on an emulator than the real thing since you can then play online with Dolphin Netplay. I tried it several times and it works flawlessly. Less lag than Smash 3DS.

Emulators are terrible they are a waste of time too because you might accidently delete them and it will be a waste of time just get it @NintendoShiznit95
I have no idea what I just read.

It depends. If you're gonna play competitively at tournaments or something, I would consider that worth the asking price. Otherwise, if you're just gonna play it casually, I don't think it's the best idea

lol what

You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to accidentally delete something on your computer.

Yeah Dolphin's awesome, you can do a lot of stuff with it, I made F-Zero GX look amazing graphics wise.

Reactions: Hayleia
well, you can accidentally break a game disc and it will be a waste of time and money too

Back