I require assistance!

• Thread starter Dreadlord
  • Start date
Dreadlord

Dreadlord

The Dreaded Lord
Towns Folk
After all of the updated version of pokémon there have been I have not updated to any of them and I have recently saved up the money in order to invest in a Nintendo 3DS..However I have not purchased any of the recent pokémon versions since Platinum, I believe. Even now that game was sold because I had not used it in a while along with my Nintendo Lite (I can't remember it's exact name.). Now I would like to know what pokémon version is the best since Platinum, can anybody assist me? :)

Alright, so released after the Pokemon Platinum series there are (only stating the main games,not games like Pokemon Ranger) Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver, Pokemon Black/White ,Pokemon Black 2/White 2. Is really according towards your taste, Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver is an updated version of the original Pokemon Gold,Silver game, if you haven't played Pokemon Gold/Silver as yet or you just want a newer and updated Pokemon game (compared to Gold/Silver) I suggest you play this game (Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver) because you can explore two regions which are Kanto/Jhoto and you get a best of both world game, discovering not only Jhoto Pokemon but Kanto's Pokemon as well. If you want a modern/new/different game I would suggest Pokemon Black/White, it incorporates a new Pokemon storyline and a buncha new Pokemon that you can't find in Pokemon HG/SS, so if you want a new addition to your games and you want to discover new legendary Pokemon also get a better feel of a more updated Pokemon game, go with Black/White also I believe that Black/White has the GTS function if you have wireless internet, you can trade with many people from around the world so that's also a new addition. I haven't reached far in Pokemon Black 2/White 2 but what I can say is that it is a continuation (clearly) of the the original story,also there is a mixture of all different types of Pokemon that is more common in this game than the other, so you will see Pokemon like Marill,Growlithe,Mareep in the grass, and they added more legendary Pokemon that can be caught. I don't have much to say bout Black 2/White 2 because I haven't reached far, will let you know if I stumble upon any more details. At the end of the day it is what you decide, so think bout it, read reviews, pros and cons etc. Hoped this help :)

Well, if you want to get up to date with all the latest Pokemon and all the latest features, I suggest you get your self either Pokemon X or Y.
If you don't want to get X/Y then you should definitely get Pokemon Black2/White 2 (I played that too) I have skipped Gen 4 too so Black2 got me up to speed with all the latest Pokemon from Gen 5th and 4th in a single game.
So, you better get the upcoming Pokemon game for your 3DS or get the last version (Black2/White2).

It's called a Nintendo DS Lite i think
I'm going for y and x even though i havn't played Black and White 2 yet.
Heck i still havn't played soulsilver or heartgold.

It's called a Nintendo DS Lite i think
I'm going for y and x even though i havn't played Black and White 2 yet.
Heck i still havn't played soulsilver or heartgold.
SoulSilver and HeartGold are just much more revamped versions of the classic Silver and Gold, so you're not missing out on anything. ;)

SoulSilver and HeartGold are just much more revamped versions of the classic Silver and Gold, so you're not missing out on anything. ;)

Yeah I agree your not missing anything if you played the original one actually I prefer the original one more, I have no idea why, but it just feels better playing the original to me neither though the graphics are all fuzzy.

I actually never got to beat gold lol i lost it right now.

Well, if you want to get up to date with all the latest Pokemon and all the latest features, I suggest you get your self either Pokemon X or Y.
If you don't want to get X/Y then you should definitely get Pokemon Black2/White 2 (I played that too) I have skipped Gen 4 too so Black2 got me up to speed with all the latest Pokemon from Gen 5th and 4th in a single game.
So, you better get the upcoming Pokemon game for your 3DS or get the last version (Black2/White2).

How far did you reach in Pokemon Black 2/White 2? I only reached to the Virbank Gym didn't really get much free time to continue the game.

How far did you reach in Pokemon Black 2/White 2? I only reached to the Virbank Gym didn't really get much free time to continue the game.
Lol, I've beaten Elite 4 like 25 times xD Completed it 5 months back! I don't play it anymore. Used to battle online for a while, took part in Nintendo Global competitions and Dream world n stuff but got bored. Will get back into all this when Pokemon Y comes out. :D

Lol, I've beaten Elite 4 like 25 times xD Completed it 5 months back! I don't play it anymore. Used to battle online for a while, took part in Nintendo Global competitions and Dream world n stuff but got bored. Will get back into all this when Pokemon Y comes out. :D

Wow the game sounds great ,you beaten the Elite 4 like 25 times, I get trouble the first time :bag:, I read in some reviews that the online battle was good. What I really like about Black 2/White 2 was that their was a good mixture of Pokemon from different regions :D, that was awesome guess I should start back playing it before Pokemon X/Y. :)

Wow the game sounds great ,you beaten the Elite 4 like 25 times, I get trouble the first time :bag:, I read in some reviews that the online battle was good. What I really like about Black 2/White 2 was that their was a good mixture of Pokemon from different regions :D, that was awesome guess I should start back playing it before Pokemon X/Y. :)
Yep it was an amazing game. BTW, I had to beat Elite 4 for so many times (It wasn't actually 25 but nearly) because I wanted to unlock as many badges as I can. I beat Elite four with each type Pokemon (One Pokemon only), Mono-Type team, etc

Yep it was an amazing game. BTW, I had to beat Elite 4 for so many times (It wasn't actually 25 but nearly) because I wanted to unlock as many badges as I can. I beat Elite four with each type Pokemon (One Pokemon only), Mono-Type team, etc

Woah that's awesome. Someone's on the way to becoming a Pokemon Master. :) , I always drug my Pokemon for the Elite 4 (Potions,Max Revives) and when I do beat out the Elite 4 I end up having no Potions and have no money left, :facepalm:.

Woah that's awesome. Someone's on the way to becoming a Pokemon Master. :) , I always drug my Pokemon for the Elite 4 (Potions,Max Revives) and when I do beat out the Elite 4 I end up having no Potions and have no money left, :facepalm:.
Just choose the Pokemon that have Super Effective Moves against the Elite 4. Stock up on Elixirs to recharge their Moves' PP
Elite 4 typing for Black 2 are Fighting, Dark, Ghost, and Psychic.

All you need is a Psychic/Flying for the first, Fighting/Bug for second, Dark for third and Dark/Bug for last. You'll rarely even lose a Pokemon if you do that. :)

Reactions: Reece
Back