Support Needed I think my 3DS bricked. Help me.

• Thread starter The G-Shroom
  • Start date
The G-Shroom

The G-Shroom

The Best Mushroom In The World
Towns Folk
:cry::cry::cry:I think my 3DS bricked. This happened just this morning. When I turn it on, it just shuts off without even going to the home menu. Do you know if my 3DS bricked or not. Also, if it did, and I send it to Nintendo to fix it, will all my games and save data be erased? Please I need help! :cry::cry::cry:

Bricked?
Anyway It sounds to me like it is just completely and utterly ran out of battery,if it won't even turn on.
Try leaving it plugged in for a while then trying again.

I think that it most likely must be that your battery might have ran out of electricity , or the battery was misplaced or moved . Try charging it as Lotad said , or you might want to open your 3ds and reinsert the battery pack . but if those don't work , you might have to contact Nintendo >.>

It probably ran out of charge. Maybe check the charger port and see if it's messed up. When a device gets bricked, it most likely won't even turn on. There's probably something wrong with the charging port. Did you hear a popping sound or anything? You might have damaged the cord-thingy inside. If it's a faulty 3ds though, Nintendo will have to repair it.

3DS is on full charge, and I hear a popping noise, so I think I damaged the cord-thingy. How do I fix it, though?

3DS is on full charge, and I hear a popping noise, so I think I damaged the cord-thingy. How do I fix it, though?
So the charger wire is making the popping noise? That's probably a bunch of sparks from a whole in the wire's plastic which you might want to cover with some electric tape. As for your 3DS, I don't know what to say other than keep it charged...

I also tried turning it on without it being on the charger.(Still at full charge) It still shut off and made that popping sound.

If you sent it to Nintendo, Nintendo might send you a new 3ds. That is what I thnk. I had to send back a dsi to Nintendo and they sent me a brand new one.

You probably damaged the wires in there or something-something. D: I dunno if Nintendo can fix it for free. >.< They would fix it if it's defected from the start.

there are two possible explanation but one question WHAT DOES BRICKED MEAN? sorry anyways the explanations could be the battery whitch has been repeated many times or that the charging port is broken or that u actually "BRICKED" it and if the sd card was damaged then yes the game data will be destroyed unless you know how to retrieve data from it

:cry::cry::cry:I think my 3DS bricked. This happened just this morning. When I turn it on, it just shuts off without even going to the home menu. Do you know if my 3DS bricked or not. Also, if it did, and I send it to Nintendo to fix it, will all my games and save data be erased? Please I need help! :cry::cry::cry:
Definitely not bricked. If it was bricked it would show a blue screen with an error loading the home menu...

Really sorry you have this problem... wish I could help...

Well man that not bricked it is breaked

So By the way are sure you don't had directly clicked power offf button while playing or whatever app was open at that time if you did that nintendo directly going to get switch off without going on home menu..

Also have you checked that its battery is on its place!?and lets hope your data don't get erased

My sister had this problem. She dropped it in water. Replacing the battery may work, But leaving it alone randomly worked when I jokingly turned it on, and worked... kinda.

The games and save data showed be fine if the SD card isn't damaged as well. Is there any parts on the 3DS that is broken?

The games and save data showed be fine if the SD card isn't damaged as well. Is there any parts on the 3DS that is broken?
Agreed, take your sd. If you send your 3Ds in you can put your sd card back when you get it back and you should still have all your games. This sounds like a hardware problem so I think your sd (with the software0 should be fine. HOWEVER the popping might be electric charges. Remove the sd card before trying to switch it on again because if your sd card gets shocked it might be broken. Best is to send it in.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Back