If FE:Switch doesn't have a new story, what series do you want it to be part of?

• Thread starter Duffy
  • Start date

Which series should FE:Switch be a part of?

• Tellius Series

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Archanea Series

• Elibe Series

• Jugdral Series

• Related to Sacred Stones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Related to Fates

• Total voters
Duffy

Duffy

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So if the new main series Fire Emblem game in the Nintendo Switch is related to past game(s), what storyline would you like it to follow? Or just what storyline would you like to see another game added to in general?
For those who don't know which games are in what lines, it's generally by how the continent is named. So...
Jugdral Series: Thracia 776, and Genealogy of the Holy War.
Tellius Series: Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance.
Elibe Series: Binding Blade and Blazing Blade.
Archanea Series: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden, Mystery of the Emblem, Archanea Saga, Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening and FE Echoes.

As much as I adore the darker setting of Jugdral, the world building of Tellius and the archetypical RPG story of Akaneia, I'd rather see the new story connected to Fates. That game is sorely lacking in lore (the continent didn't even have a name, last I checked), and could do with another game to clear things up and fix what can be fixed. In my opinion, the current writers are far from skilled enough to write a worthy entry in the Jugdral or Tellius series. Echoes did a good job at updating Gaiden's story and giving Valentia world building, but I don't think the writers can truly capture the essence of Jugdral's ASoIaF-like politics and Tellius' detailed setting. Fates and Awakening's writers have already proven that they don't have what it takes.

I have more love for past games than faith in the current writers, my vote goes to Fates. That game is already a mess lore, story and character-wise, they couldn't possibly mess that up even more than it already is. And if they somehow do, nothing of value was lost.

Reactions: Duffy
So, since they released a Gaiden (FE2) remake for 3DS, as well as Shadow Dragon and New Mystery (remakes of FE 1 and 3) for the DS... I would love to see remakes of 4 and 5, those being Judgral.

They could use the Switch's processing power to recreate massive maps :3

Reactions: Duffy and Knight
Back