Support Needed If I make a new NNID will I be able to have my save data on there.

• Thread starter Shin
  • Start date
Shin

Shin

He with the heart of wood.
Banned User
I'm getting a N3DS soon and I can't remember my password for my NNID and me being an idiot can't remember the backup E-mail.
If I make a new one will the save data still be there after changing or will I have to re-do it all. And can I back up my old data on the new NNID?
Thanks for any help in advance!

Your save data has nothing to do with your NNID. So you don't lose anything by linking a new one and you can't link your old data on your new NNID either but no one else can either and no one needs to.

Your problem though is that the only way to unlink your old NNID (which is a requirement to link a new one) is to format the console, which obviously wipes saves.

But actually why do you want to link a new NNID? This will make you lose all the games you bought, and you can't get them back (if that's what you called "save data" that wasn't the right word group).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shin
But actually why do you want to link a new NNID? This will make you lose all the games you bought, and you can't get them back (if that's what you called "save data" that wasn't the right word group).
Without the NNID password you can't transfer data and I can't remember my password.
I've bought games using my NNID and don't want to lose them. I don't have a backup email to send the password to (I can't remember which email address I used) so I can't put in my password when system transferring.
I thought that if you change the NNID that you use the actual cartridge data was wiped .But now I know that isn't the case. But I've bought DLC for fire emblem so I'm wondering if that'll go over without a system transfer.

Ah, so your problem was about the System Transfer. Well, that's not better. Because as I said, you can't link a new NNID without unlinking the old one, and you can't unlink the old one without wiping your saves, which isn't what you want, and you also lost your bought games in the meantime.

And that's yet another time when I want to say that hacks are not only for piracy... Yeah, I already said that, but really. If your current 3DS was hacked, you could have dumped its movable.sed and injected it on the New 3DS, which would have allowed you to use the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from your current 3DS on your New one, so all your games and saves are still here... But I guess it's not hacked and it's on 11.0, right?

Well in that case, if you're going to use the New 3DS and can't recover your NNID password, sorry to tell you but all the games you bought are gone forever, no way to get them back (a new NNID won't help) except by paying again (or less honest options -.-).

And at least, to lose only your games and not your saves, use JKSM on the old 3DS to backup saves and use it again on the New one to restore them. And really, if you plan on forgetting the password for the new NNID too, getting a CFW on the New 3DS would not be the worst idea. So you can always get out of situations like this one, it's not just for piracy, once again. And that's also one of the reasons why I buy cartridges, not digital...

You can always contact Nintendo to recover your Nintendo Network ID password. They help people who broke their 3DS and are unable to unlink their systems, so they might be able to help you in this situation as well.

And that's also one of the reasons why I buy cartridges, not digital...
Shin Megami Tensei doesn't have a physical copy ;-;
But thanks I'll try that and I'll hope that it works but like Marc said I'll
Contact Nintendo to recover the Nintendo Network ID
first.
Thanks for all the help though^^

I also forgot my NNID password. I just didnt bother because my NNID automatically logs in. Anyways, the two aren't connected so your save data should be safe

Back