If you already own a Wii U, will you still get the NX?

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Ok, so today I was imagining this: Let's say I was playing on my Wii U, then all of the sudden Nintendo basically announces a newer console called the NX only a month after I purchased a Wii U, I would personally be very very mad because I just bought a Wii U so I would not be willing to pay for the NX. So that is my opinion, so now you should post your opinion! Do you think you will still buy the NX if you already own a Wii U?? Let me know by replying and have a good evening :)

I've had my Wii U for a while, even before we got word about the NX, and I'd still purchase one.

What might affect my decision is how they implement region lock, if they implement it. If they make it stricter, I might highly consider passing since I purchase most of my games online and my area doesn't get support ><

Reactions: 3905
I would definitely want an nx but if I had to sell my Wii u to get it I would take into account if it had backwards compatibility or not. And if not I would wait until they're some games to replace my favourites like Pikmin 3 to Pikmin 4.

I've really enjoyed my WiiU. I got it not that long before they announced the NX, but I'll still probably get it eventually. When the Wii released i didnt get it until they started showing up used in local game stores, even waited till the WiiU was on sale. So I'll probably be really late into the NX life before i get one, I think its neat and I love Nintendo but I'm not always rushing out to buy as soon as they are on shelves, only exception is the Majoras Mask N3DS XL lol

Reactions: V_Weeb and Eric Cartman
Well, that depends. They are two reasons I can decide to wait:

- Wait a year or two so I can get launch titles for cheap
- A console always have a price reduction shortly after

I just bought a Wii U, So I'm not going to get the NX. Definitely not anytime soon anyway.

I might get the NX a few years afterwards though, since Im quite satisfied with what I have. Probably I could get specific titles cheaper this way. I usualy get a console (when i get one) 2 or 3 years after its release. No specific reason for it, but maybe it wouldbe the case for the NX

Yes I like my wii u but the switch looks so awesome I can play console games on the go and then continue playing them on the tv

I'm still speculative about it. I barely got my Wii U last November and will probably get the NX later than sooner. (If they bundled it on sale with new splatoon I'm sold ;)

We saw them playing Mario kart 8 in the switch trailer so it might have backwards compatibility.

Not sure I'll be getting the Switch.

I bought my 3DS because it had a price drop, and by the time it occurred, I could afford it, and it had lots of games that interested me (PSA: I'm not done playing those who interest me, and being able to program stuff on it still makes it alive for me).

As for the Wii U, I mostly bought it as a replacement so I could give my old Wii to my brother, and I mostly bought it for Xenoblade X and Super Smash Bros. (and still having fun with it, I'll be bringing it again to a party soon). Mario Kart 8 was fun, but not necessarily a game I was set on getting (well, got it along with the console anyway, and enjoyed it).

For the Switch, I'm not so sure. There's no Wii U backwards compatibility (expectable, though the reveal trailer makes it confusing), no 3DS backwards compatibility (Well, with one screen, it would have been hard anyway... We would have had DS-VC quality stuff, and it's not as comfortable as the real thing, or adapted hardware), and no games that interest me for now.

So, unless they do pull out a new Xenoblade on it, a new MH, maybe a new Smash with the quality of those made by Sakurai, I doubt I'm getting it.

We saw them playing Mario kart 8 in the switch trailer so it might have backwards compatibility.
that is actually a better port as you can hd two items and Nintendo has already confirmed no backwards compatibility

that is actually a better port as you can hd two items and Nintendo has already confirmed no backwards compatibility
If it doesn't have backwards compatibility and the only game on it (so far) is breath of the wild which will also be on the Wii u I see no point in getting it until they release some more blockbusters: Luigi's mansion 3, Pikmin 4, possible animal crossing, 3d Mario etc.

100%. That feature for HD smooth console graphics, a handheld console hybrid that has enough power to play games like Skyrim Remastered and ports of popular games like Splatoon is GENIUS. Can't wait until they reveal more info about switch on january 12. I have a feeling it will sell very VERY well, maybe even surpassing Wii sales. Gg nintendo. Ilu.

I will get it but not on the launch day will probably wait till it gets some great and fantastic games(because I know it will)

Back