If you could live forever but...

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So I was watching the anime Jikan no Shihaisha. It's about time and some monster that eats it.

It also sparked the idea of this topic :eek:

If you were offered the chance to live forever but your memories would be eaten/lost and you would lose your age (so if you're some old dude, you'd look five years younger), would you take it up or would you decline? You have no idea what memories will be lost and there is a chance of dying from losing your age (years old).

This happens regularly too, to keep you from dying of old age of course.

If my memories are lost, I'm dead anyway. It'd be a new person in my body.

Immortality is overrated.

Reactions: Samster
I would not do it all. @Marc I'm sure you can tell from my picture and quote at the end of my message, that I'm a big fan of Doctor Who. Well two seasons ago, by trying to save a dead girl's life the Doctor accidentally made her immortal. In the next episode the Doctor travels hundreds/thousands of years later only to discover this girl again. And she was in horrible shape, she could barely remember events from a long time ago, so she wrote them all in books as they were happening so that she could preserve her memories. But the one she remembers is her children dying to the black plague when it was big in Europe. It was hundreds of years afterwards since that event, but she still felt the pain of them dying. So to answer your question @Marc I would not take immortality.

This would suck memories are the best I would honestly just live my normal live will the people who like me for being in their lives tbh and idk why people would want to live that ugly life one day you wake up and the second day you forget who your parents,sibling,friends are honestly that's what is important to me so if you guys believe me and like my idea of living than you should because living without memories is lame.

What is live without memories? Nothing, that’s what. Memories are the only thing that preserve special moments, something a camera can’t do the same way. So no way in heck. What’s the point of having immortality if you’re not the same person?

I would love to be able to live forever but I wanna keep my memories. It just would't be worth it.

Back