If you could only have 10 DSiWare titles on your 3DS, what would they be?

• Thread starter TAG
  • Start date
TAG

TAG

Indie supporter
Towns Folk
I have many DSiWare games - but since I can't launch them from my SD card, there are only a handful on my startup menu. It was tough deciding which should stay or which should go ...

My question above could also be considered a 'best of' or 'favorites' for DSiWare. With a large library (that's still seeing some new games being released) and a backlog of hidden gems, what DSiWare games deserve a spot next to new 3DS eShop releases? Feel free to add more if you'd like too, the 10 is just a suggestion.

Btw, my current avatar is from the Kickstarter success and best DSiWare game of 2013, Orion's Odyssey: A Pattern Blocks Adventure

Hmm... Tough one. But I know there are two I will always have on my 3DS:

1. Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
  2. Metal Torrent
Everything else can come and go, I don't really mind.

2. Metal Torrent

I've never played either of them ... yet.

It is a tough one, hence I didn't even make a list myself. At present the bulk the DSiWare games on my 3DS were all released this year (though that surely will change in time). In no special order ...

Heathcliff Spot On
Jewel Adventures
Color Commando
Snowboard Xtreme
California Super Sports
Moke Moke
Orion's Odyssey

I've never played either of them ... yet.

It is a tough one, hence I didn't even make a list myself. At present the bulk the DSiWare games on my 3DS were all released this year (though that surely will change in time). In no special order ...

Heathcliff Spot On
Jewel Adventures
Color Commando
Snowboard Xtreme
California Super Sports
Moke Moke
Orion's Odyssey
How's Colour Commando? It seems interesting, but I'd rather know from a person who's played it.

I think it's great! Have you played any other games from Hugo Smits? (Flipper, Ace Mathician, etc.) It has a similar feel and style. A cool puzzle platformer with catchy music!

The biggest knocks against the game are length and replay value. Like all of Hugo's games, it's very short (maybe a couple hours) You can collect 3 coins per stage, but it isn't a super strong replay motivator since most you'll probably get most the first couple of times through. But there are a few that are really tough!

I say go for it! For $2 you can't go wrong. Color Commando was my 2nd favorite DSiWare game this year, and I think you'd have fun with it while it lasted.

I would obviously choose fun games that has action in it if u could only have 10 DSI ware games.
Hangman
Mario Minis on the March
There's also a star ship defense thing idk.
Art academy to draw when killing time
Can't list down others :L

Of course, given how limited the system memory for DSiWare games on the 3DS is, 10 is actually a pretty big number.

Hmmm...tough one, but I would go with:

Aura-Aura Climber
Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Mini's March Again!
Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Army Defender
Plants VS Zombies
Cut the Rope (I don't have a Smartphone :p)
Bookworm
10- Second Run
Metal Torrent
GO Series Undead Storm

In no particular order.

I forgot about Four Swords (it's still on my DSiXL) but I would add it to my list too. Cut the Rope is fun, but the eShop version is better - a ton more content for the same price!

I forgot about Four Swords (it's still on my DSiXL) but I would add it to my list too. Cut the Rope is fun, but the eShop version is better - a ton more content for the same price!

Same price? In North America, the DSiWare version is $4.99, while the eShop version is $9.99.

Same price? In North America, the DSiWare version is $4.99, while the eShop version is $9.99.

I didn't realize that ... it's a shame. The 3DS version launched at $4.99, but apparently it was just temporary. I don't think it's worth it now that the price has doubled.

I didn't realize that ... it's a shame. The 3DS version launched at $4.99, but apparently it was just temporary. I don't think it's worth it now that the price has doubled.

Ah, darn. I wish I would have seen it while it was on sale, because I really doubt I'll pay $9.99 for it.

I've noticed more and more eShop games are launching at a lower price only to raise it after a few weeks. Guess they're trying to encourage early adopters. But yeah, $9.99 is too much. Maybe it'll go on sale again.

2. Metal Torrent

Lol, Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ... I need to get that game, it sounds hilarious. I would probably keep the one that I just mentioned. That stupid hangman game I bought, and Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again.

Lol, Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ... I need to get that game, it sounds hilarious. I would probably keep the one that I just mentioned. That stupid hangman game I bought, and Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again.
You should buy it. It costs $8 and it's pretty much the best game on DSiWare in my opinion. :)

Mmmm has anyone tried out the dark void zero one? Oh and also surprised no one mention cave story :cry:

I would list Cave Story if there wasn't a WiiWare version (where I first experienced it) and better ports on the 3DS,

Back