If you could replace Nintendo's mascot, Mario, with another character...?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let's say you could replace the current Nintendo mascot, Mario, with another character from a first-party Nintendo title.. what character would you find suitable to dethrone Mario and why do you think s/he'd fit the role more?

Reactions: P2.0
Probably Link, or Zelda. I think either of them would fit as the mascot imo. \o/

Reactions: James
I think either of them would fit as the mascot imo. \o/
And your reasoning is? =P

And your reasoning is? =P
Well, they're well-known like Mario. And usually they're the second thing people think of when someone says 'Nintendo'. :p
Plus who wouldn't like seeing an elf boy/girl representing a game? ...Just me? Ok. :oops:

Reactions: Jisenku and James
Wario of course. He's lazy, broke/rich and perfectly relatable. He represents the gaming industry along with the concept of microgames before apps were a thing. Plus he's in every Mario sports game so people would still know sort of who he is.

Or Kirby because he's cute, simple, and looks like the typical Japanese pop culture..? sort of meta.

Isabelle

because why not

Reactions: Jisenku, Kitsune_Sakura64 and P2.0
Honestly, I think Kirby. Kirby doesn't have a gender, isn't a human, and is something that everyone can relate to one way or another. They're suitable for kids, teenagers, adults, everyone. Can't talk so they're suitable for all languages. It's kinda just a blanket mascot (which is a good thing), but also Kirby is a really well-known character, and is quite loved. There's not really much to hate on Kirby imo, and you can do a lot with them. Change shape, different art styles like the yarn and such, and they're just a really flexible character.

Zelda could be the new nintendo mascot. She'd beautiful and because what's not to like of zelda?

Princess Peach, all the way. Girl mascots are the best tbh, also she's pretty and will fight.
Still well-known, a hit w/ girls, objectively better than Mario, probably secretly a better plumber too.

Definately kirby because he is such a cute character and would represent nintendo very well. He is round, easy to draw and everyone is just star struck on kirby looks because he's so cute. If I could replace mario it would be kirby because he is such an innocent piece of bubblegum.

I would replace Mario with luigi cause I find luigi to be the better brother in my opinion. He has more personality to him and he's really cute. He'd make a good Nintendo mascot. If it's not luigi my second choice would be the inkling girl cause is a very colorful and spunky character. Splatoon is also pretty popular everywhere in japan so the inkling girl being a mascot is a no brainer honestly. Plus the inkling girl Is really cute.

Tom Nook would be a more apt mascot for Nintendo these days. He’s business-minded and loves to nickel and dime players haha

Seriously though, Link would be cool to see as their official mascot. He’s got a lot of games under his belt and could do the same job as Mario. Plus it would give them a better image to have a mascot with a sword. How else can they compete ina console war without weapons?

I think the plumber has done a good job for long enough. He’s had his time in the sun and needs to step aside for one of the many characters on the Nintendo roster.

Let's say you could replace the current Nintendo mascot, Mario, with another character from a first-party Nintendo title.. what character would you find suitable to dethrone Mario and why do you think s/he'd fit the role more?
I haven't commented here because I couldn't think about Nintendo having any other mascot aside from Mario, their best selling franchise that has sold 350 million more than Pokemon (the second best.) But then, something hit me when I woke up, LUIGI! He already has is own franchise of games that have sold 17 million units if I remember correctly, and he even had his own YEAR! He's already been a mascot, even for a short amount of time. So Luigi it is!

Actually why does the mascot have to be one character? Why can't it be multiple characters? If I could replace it, I would make it a group of 3 characers: Mario, Link and Pikachu. These 3 are the 3 most recognized nintendo characters I think. So wherever the mascot is displayed, it wouldn't just be mario, but the other two characters would be near him. I can't really explain it properly lol.

My second mascot idea is have all them be villains. I mean I understand why that would give off a bad vibe, but they can just represent the villains in a light-hearted manner (Like bowser asking out peach at the end of odyssey). And the 3 villains would be Bowser, King.K.Rool and King dedede. Their character designs aren't too menacing which makes them perfect picks. They're like the lovable enemies of nintendo I guess.

One of the anime girls. Probably Anna from Fire Emblem because she's cute and, like Nintendo, prioritizes money over everything else. She's a perfect fit for modern-day Nintendo.

Back