Gen 1 Illegal Pokemon in-game

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
The pokemon main series has been known to have multiple errors in movesets such that certain pokemon are illegal. For example, there's the infamous Barrier Dragonite that Lance owns and in Gen 2 he has a bunch of underleveled Dragonites. Furthermore, Lance has an Aerodactyl that knows Rock Slide in Gen 2 (and back then, it was impossible for it to learn that move, even by TM)

Any theories on how this even works? lol Also, are there any I missed?

hehe you just ask the game maker lol - they will do something that isn't possible of course but they are the game creators so they get to decide whats illegal and whats not - but the explanation is that they just program it to do so making the game harder

The pokemon main series has been known to have multiple errors in movesets such that certain pokemon are illegal. For example, there's the infamous Barrier Dragonite that Lance owns and in Gen 2 he has a bunch of underleveled Dragonites. Furthermore, Lance has an Aerodactyl that knows Rock Slide in Gen 2 (and back then, it was impossible for it to learn that move, even by TM)

Any theories on how this even works? lol Also, are there any I missed?
The creator of the game is just fooling around with you people , while making the game they just want to give you some challenges , make the champion's pokemon special.

The creator of the game is just fooling around with you people , while making the game they just want to give you some challenges , make the champion's pokemon special.
yeah thats probably it :p

I think part of it may be that they wanted to add moves to certain pokemon but they didn't actually in the code. For example, Charizard didn't have Fly in Red and Blue but in future games it did. Similarly, there was an Aerodactyl in Gen II that knew Rock Slide (of course, this one belonged to Lance the hacker), although it wasn't possible for it to learn the move until Gen III. In this case, the move made sense (STAB rock type move, right?) so programming oversight is another potential factor

Back