I'm getting a laptop with an okay graphics card

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
Okay enough to run GTA iv on lowvgraphical settings. Any good indie recommendations? Would be much appreciated!!

Okay enough to run GTA iv on lowvgraphical settings. Any good indie recommendations? Would be much appreciated!!

What graphic card ? AMD ? NVidia ? or the Intel Graphics Chipset (hope it's not a GMA one, they sucks) ?

What graphic card ? AMD ? NVidia ? or the Intel Graphics Chipset (hope it's not a GMA one, they sucks) ?
Its like "Intel HD 4400" ?

Its like "Intel HD 4400" ?

Ah. It's okay, then. Not the best thing, but not the worst thing. I think you can make games run on medium settings with it.

Ah. It's okay, then. Not the best thing, but not the worst thing. I think you can make games run on medium settings with it.
So what kind of high-end games can I play on it? From your response, I'm guessing 2d indie games like guacamelee or limbo would work fine. (If you're confused about what I'm asking: will things like GTA v (not iv) and skyrim run well?)

So what kind of high-end games can I play on it? From your response, I'm guessing 2d indie games like guacamelee or limbo would work fine. (If you're confused about what I'm asking: will things like GTA v (not iv) and skyrim run well?)

Depends on your CPU. On the other hand, don't expect your computer to make them run with a good quality... the HD Graphics aren't the best thing for gaming... And since it's a laptop, you can't add a NVidia or an AMD GPU with it...

So, yup, it'll depend on your CPU, but don't expect running your games on settings like High/Ultra or even Medium for some games (Skyrim)

Reactions: nicklesimba
Depends on your CPU. On the other hand, don't expect your computer to make them run with a good quality... the HD Graphics aren't the best thing for gaming... And since it's a laptop, you can't add a NVidia or an AMD GPU with it...

So, yup, it'll depend on your CPU, but don't expect running your games on settings like High/Ultra or even Medium for some games (Skyrim)
Well so long as I get a decent frame rate XD

Well so long as I get a decent frame rate XD

That's the most important ! (Yes, I also prefer decent frame rates... Who likes lag anyway ?)

It's an integrated graphics card so don't expect too much out of it. It's fine to play skyrim though and you might even be able to play the excellent shadow of mordor

Back