Fantasy Life I'm not sure if I should get fantasy life or not

• Thread starter A lot of hoopla
  • Start date
A lot of hoopla

A lot of hoopla

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I liked animal crossing but got bored of that in a couple of weeks. My main worry is that I will get bored of it too quickly.

First of, it's nothing like Animal Crossing. You could compare it to Animal Crossing because you can have a home to customize and pick up things on the ground, that's pretty much it?

It's more like Legend of Zelda meets Rune Factory (without the farming and relationship stuff). It's like a chibi Skyrim, or a light MMORPG? It's hard to describe. I'm at 32 hours into the game and just finished the story mode, but I'm not even close to being done, I didn't try all the classes yet, not did I visit the whole map. There is a lot of stuff to do.

Reactions: CrazyElf, A lot of hoopla and Marc
First of, it's nothing like Animal Crossing. You could compare it to Animal Crossing because you can have a home to customize and pick up things on the ground, that's pretty much it?

It's more like Legend of Zelda meets Rune Factory (without the farming and relationship stuff). It's like a chibi Skyrim, or a light MMORPG? It's hard to describe. I'm at 32 hours into the game and just finished the story mode, but I'm not even close to being done, I didn't try all the classes yet, not did I visit the whole map. There is a lot of stuff to do.

Based on your explanation, is it similar to Bravely Default?

Shame on me, I didn't play Bravely Default, but from what I've seen, it's not really like this. Fantasy Life is way more light hearted, with Action Combat, no turn based.

It's ok I only played the Demo and I think that is quite enough for me. Great game, if you like Fantasy Life, I bet you will like Bravely Default too!
Now I got interested in Fantasy Life. I have too many games on the queue right now and I don't think I could afford them all :(

Based on your explanation, is it similar to Bravely Default?
While the Life system is similar in some aspects to Bravely Default's job system, they're drastically different in the sense you only control one character, you have them all unlocked from the start, and they directly enhance each other (though if you're smart you can do this with some job combinations as well). You also keep all the skills you learn in each Life even after switching out, unlike Bravely Default.

Hope that clarifies.

Yes, that really clarifies it! Sounds very interesting and the characters are cute as well ><
It got a really good review too. I hope I can own all these games :unsure:

As far as I can see, this game is becoming really popular, due to it having a nice and enjoyable storyline, RPG-like elements, and also a life simulation mode. There is also a co-op mode that can help a lot in some cases. You should ask yourself: Do you like Life sims? Do you like RPG-style combat? How much do you think you will play it? If you answer those questions, I'm sure you would know what to do.

I'd say you should get it. It has good reviews and it's getting really popular at the moment. It looks really fun and I'm gonna be getting it for Christmas :3 It looks to be worth your money and time for sure :3

Back