Image & Form's new game isn't coming to the Nintendo Switch :(

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
And they basically said that the Nintendo Switch couldn't handle it.

Instead, they've made a deal with Microsoft so it's probably going to be exclusive to Xbox and PC:

From the beginning, I think we thought The Gunk was going to come to all platforms, but we realised that it's such a complex game and it requires so much power...so like we would be making sprints and then we'd have to go back and see how is this going to run. So we decided let's see who can we talk to who has really powerful hardware. And then we talked to Microsoft and they really liked the game, like instantly. So it was a bit of discussion back and forth with them and then we just landed in this actually quite happy position where we are right now.

The Gunk Trailer:

Do you see a game such as The Gunk playing properly on the Nintendo Switch?

What do you think about the decision to make it an Xbox, Game Pass and PC exclusive?

Exclusivity doesn't matter. Different things run of different systems and that's ok. That said I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS I LOVE THEIR GAMES. Looks like steam powered giraffe wasn't asked to make the soundtrack for this... I'll just wait for steamworld heist 2 for that :D

For real though, I abolsutly love them and their games and it's fantastic to see them evolve this much, the exclusivity deal probably gave them the money to be able to be much more free and creative with it and to really show off their talents and ideas. I cannot wait to see how this turns out!

It reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine with that goo, and Luigi’s mansion with the vacuum action.

Of course, the style is completely different. This certainly couldn’t run on the Switch. Microsoft is scrambling to lock down exclusivity and I don’t blame them. Sony had some killer exclusives on the PS4.

I will save my opinion on this game until we see more gameplay. I can’t tell much from this trailer.

Back