SwSh Impossible outrageous raids incoming... this is bad =(

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i know ive gone over this a couple times but its actually official now... impossible raids are well on their way in barely a month from now.. there was a particular time stamp in the crown tundra preview that literally made me drop my pro controller and not in a good way: i saw a dynamaxed pure/ complete zygarde in the video. so what does this mean? not a very good thing... if mewtwo wasnt mean enough this is just outright pushing it way too much. any super legend like that is bound to be pretty much unbeatable. after i paused the video and played it back a couple times, i had a bit of up front speculation with my friend trying to comprehend exactly what i just saw. and she brought up an idea about this thats even more terrifying than simply fighting him in this broken form, suggesting that complete zygarde displayed in the video couldve been PHASE 2 during the same encounter when you first see him in his natural form!

all i can say to that is... oh my god no... just please tell me that this wont be the case. if this ends up being true imagine how many will perpetually post zygarde in co op because of a 2 phase fight that sounds like it would truly be impossible. especially since most likely our death count wont reset for the second half which would mean we cant have a single faint for the first half! and to make it worse if this were to happen, he gets exceptionally stronger in this state and we all know what comes after that... its not very good. probably would be the bane of my sanity trying to just survive this carnage... and many others too. more than likely every hit will be OHKO in that form... and protect abuse would be off the table because dynamaxed mons can cut right through that even if reduced damage. probably wouldnt be that reduced in pure zygarde's case

hopefully the others get reasonably toned down though and for the love of everything... please dont do that with pure zygarde gamefreak... please! that would just be beyond cruel... =(

With mons like Eiscue, Darmanitan Galarian, and Alolan Ninetales, Avulugg I think that won't be an issue. There's always freeze/flinch/para/confusion to try as well.

With mons like Eiscue, Darmanitan Galarian, and Alolan Ninetales, Avulugg I think that won't be an issue. There's always freeze/flinch/para/confusion to try as well.
normally that works, yes... but dynamaxed mons barely have any status conditions for a reliable turn length. they almost always get rid of it in under 3 turns making it near useless. i also believe its possible theyre immune or extremely resistant to flinching as well. overall a major problem in this case especially if the zygarde raid speculation i had with a close friend ends up being true (2 phases, 2nd phase incredibly strong, gets another 15-20 bars total on barriers, and takes hits like dinging metal with a wooden stick... and then the obvious one shot territory with his AOE moves as we were also aware of. the one shot territory would be inevitable though and focus sash means next to nothing considering he's just going to attack again and more than likely finish you off, possibly quad wipe if he does an AOE... monstrous =( ) we're going to be in pretty big trouble.

obviously we cant stat boost either sincw they just reset you all the time if you try to which is very risky considering they get multiple turns, you will more than likely bw wasting your time here. the only thing we can do besides hold items and dynamax is lob attack moves and heal with recover/ refresh or items. stat noosting, status ailments, ALL dynamax pokemon counter this very quickly and it just goes away before it can be made use of to a helpful extent. the longest ive had status ailments last on a 5* mob was 4 turns and that was after over 30 battles... not going to save you here at all with these conditions

The biggest problem in my opinion is not how hard the raids would be but rather the fact that we are forced to use rental Pokemon. The Mewtwo raids were actually pretty tough and were only possible if you brought specific pokemon to deal with it. I understand that they don't want us to bring 4 zacian to the raids, but rental pokemon are quite ridiculous in my opinion, considering the joke that the moveset they come with.

• Informative
Reactions: Artisan
The biggest problem in my opinion is not how hard the raids would be but rather the fact that we are forced to use rental Pokemon. The Mewtwo raids were actually pretty tough and were only possible if you brought specific pokemon to deal with it. I understand that they don't want us to bring 4 zacian to the raids, but rental pokemon are quite ridiculous in my opinion, considering the joke that the moveset they come with.
what?! i cant use my good ones? well im really off then... i hope there will be raids that i can use my strong ones instead of dummy rentals. i cant just work magic so to speak with a random team, i dont like that =( if theyre forcing us to use rental mons i more than likely wont even bother trying.

i hope that its only dynamax adventure that does this and not all of the crown tundra... whats the point of doing these when i cant even prepare? thats worse than making them OP right off the bat... someone wanted to be mean here ...

I mean personally, just using your own pokemon is super easy. you are guaranteed to win each time which is quite boring.

Im glad you are forced to use rental pokemon and you all choose one at the start makes it more fun and exciting and adds to the randomness that keeps you going back for another adventure each time. Plus! its much more enjoyable knowing you have to plan out the adventure and work with the team to win instead ofjust being op level 100 and taking no damage ever and just yawning your way through. thats my opinion anyway but i understand why people would like to use their own pokemon since its nice using your own pokemon.

Reactions: ChewyPucc
Back