Impulsive (Panic) buying of games

• Thread starter faustine
  • Start date
faustine

faustine

Write even if no one's reading.
Towns Folk
I'm aiming Platinum Status for this Club Nintendo Year -- for the last time as Club Nintendo rewards program will be discontinued on April and the redemption of CN codes 'til March. I am so carried away with the hype of this news and the 'promise' of Club Nintendo of more rewards to come on February.
I am 85 coins to Platinum Status.

I am planning to buy these games for additional coins (with a cheap price tag but gives 40 coins):
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton series (miracle mask/azran legacy)
I already bought two games that are on sale in our local gaming store (40 coins):
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
^ And I think these games are all worth buying.

I am also saving up coins not just for Platinum Status but for Physical rewards as well. Or if not, I'd get The Legend of Zelda VC or Wario Land II VC.

Am I the only one? Or am I crazy for burning my cash for Club Nintendo coins. Damn.

Reactions: Knight Rain
Since I can only get retail games at a certain time of the year, I don't really buy them for Club Nintendo coins (they're a great bonus though :D). You're not crazy, though, because:

• Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton series (miracle mask/azran legacy)
  • Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir

Those are excellent choices :thumbsup:

Reactions: faustine
Spirit Camera, huh? I thought everyone hated that. And I wouldn't call you crazy, this is the last time these codes will be useful

Spirit Camera, huh? I thought everyone hated that. And I wouldn't call you crazy, this is the last time these codes will be useful

I also thought it's a not-so-good game. But I guess this game was on pre-testing of AR gameplay when it was released -- if the people would enjoy it or not. And if you loved the Fatal Frame series, you'd be disappointed with what the game can offer.

I haven't played it yet, but I did watch some walkthroughs. I'd still say it's worth picking up from the shelf.

What would you do with your CN coins/stars, tho? ;)

I also thought it's a not-so-good game. But I guess this game was on pre-testing of AR gameplay when it was released -- if the people would enjoy it or not. And if you loved the Fatal Frame series, you'd be disappointed with what the game can offer.

I haven't played it yet, but I did watch some walkthroughs. I'd still say it's worth picking up from the shelf.

What would you do with your CN coins/stars, tho? ;)
Yea that's what I figured. I'd use the coins for something physical, since it'd be worth more when club Nintendo disappears, but if there's like a really awesome game that's gonna come up next month (imagine if they give away like fantasy life or fire emblem), then I'd have to take those offers like immediately

Spirit Camera, huh? I thought everyone hated that.
I don't think it's too hateable though. It's the only serious horror game on the 3DS that I know of. Resident Evil Revelations is more of an action game; I've no idea why everyone said it returned the series to its survival horror roots when it didn't.

I don't think it's too hateable though. It's the only serious horror game on the 3DS that I know of. Resident Evil Revelations is more of an action game; I've no idea why everyone said it returned the series to its survival horror roots when it didn't.
Well, the sections with Jill were more of a return to their roots, while Chris' sections were more action based (though looking back, even some of Jill's parts were action-y). Virtue's Last Reward could be a horror game, just not in the traditional sense

Since I can only get retail games at a certain time of the year, I don't really buy them for Club Nintendo coins (they're a great bonus though :D).

Aww, why is that? Now I feel kinda lucky to have local gaming stores within my vicinity.

Aww, why is that? Now I feel kinda lucky to have local gaming stores within my vicinity.
Nintendo doesn't support my country officially. I think games can be bought here if you look really hard, but they're all EU region and none in the small town I live in. Maybe in the bigger cities it would be easier to buy them but I don't live there.

I went to best buy in my area today and I think I saw acnl for 20$ there so if that deals where you live too that would give you some fast coins.
I never really bothered with trying to get gold or platinum status as a main goal because I feel like nintendo kinda rips you off for spending 600$ they give you just some plushie, or like last year some cheap games that you probably already have anyways if you spent 600$. Japan's rewards are much more impressive

@Nightsrain622 yeah, ANCL for fast coins and a worthy game. :thumbsup:
Well, this would be my last for CN so I guess you could forgive me for diggin' at Nintendo's promotional stuff. Haha.

Reactions: Knight Rain
Back