Xenoblade X In the western release of xeno x, dolls will be called. Skells

• Thread starter codyplays
  • Start date
codyplays

codyplays

Pancake
Towns Folk
yes the translation has come the giant mechs of xenoblade that looked AWSOME played awsome, and had a decently awsome name are now called skells in the western releases of the games, it's not as cool as dolls

Also there's been a small trailer that has finally risen that is in English and shows some things about the game that can be seen on nintendo's website
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-24-2015/#/video-ndirect

yes the translation has come the giant mechs of xenoblade that looked AWSOME played awsome, and had a decently awsome name are now called skells in the western releases of the games, it's not as cool as dolls

Also there's been a small trailer that has finally risen that is in English and shows some things about the game that can be seen on nintendo's website
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-24-2015/#/video-ndirect

While I found the "preview" to be awesome, Skells sounds weird. I can understand that the localization team might have found the term "Doll" a bit girly, but Skells sounds really weird.

At this point, it would have been faster to call them mechas or something less weird instead. Maybe it'll change in FR version, I'll see ! (After all, French games always have the tendency of changing anything!)

In any case, I want a release date ! I'm throwing my money at my screen but nothing happens !

While I found the "preview" to be awesome, Skells sounds weird. I can understand that the localization team might have found the term "Doll" a bit girly, but Skells sounds really weird.

At this point, it would have been faster to call them mechas or something less weird instead. Maybe it'll change in FR version, I'll see ! (After all, French games always have the tendency of changing anything!)

In any case, I want a release date ! I'm throwing my money at my screen but nothing happens !

Ya I thought the official names were mechs for a while,I'm still debating weather to get the game, I just picked up xenoblade chronicles for the wii. I wish they would just give a release date instead of just saying 2015 at the end of every video :/
Make my decision easier

You know , I know some people I might be able to trade that copy for the wii and get a new 3 ds and then just buy xenoblade 3d hmm decision decidions

You know , I know some people I might be able to trade that copy for the wii and get a new 3 ds and then just buy xenoblade 3d hmm decision decidions

Don't. Just don't. The Wii version is the superior version. Just do it on the Wii, and trade it for money so you can afford Xeno X later. But don't head for the N3DS+XC3D combo. It's the 75%-watered-down version of the game.

Ya I thought the official names were mechs for a while,I'm still debating weather to get the game, I just picked up xenoblade chronicles for the wii. I wish they would just give a release date instead of just saying 2015 at the end of every video :/
Make my decision easier

Same here. Though it's reassuring to know that it'll be out in 2015, a release window would have been better (If only it could be out in October in Europe...).

Don't. Just don't. The Wii version is the superior version. Just do it on the Wii, and trade it for money so you can afford Xeno X later. But don't head for the N3DS+XC3D combo. It's the 75%-watered-down version of the game.

Same here. Though it's reassuring to know that it'll be out in 2015, a release window would have been better (If only it could be out in October in Europe...).
Ok did not know that :0. Thanks for telling me, knowing me I'll probably pick up the game eventually anyways or just get it for a birthday hope it comes out around June :)

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Skells does sound pretty weird-ish when you actually think about it as D4rkDragon had said :p But I still think that it is kinda better than the name "dolls" because it makes it sound a lot more unique that "dolls"

I know it may sound like "skulls" but I personally think that it is better :p

Back