In what way is the MH3U demo limited

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
@3dsatackman @naagza no, MH3U demo covers all types of weapon.
I personally love dual blade for close-range combat and bow for dexterity training. The insect rod introduced in MH4 is really cool anyway. It feels like controlling bug on one side and playing with rod on the other side. Though this feature is a bit similar with Horn weapon, Insect Rod looks more flexible and cooler.
huh that's interesting and something I wouldn't have expected from a demo. lol In what way is the demo limited then if it isn't by the amount of weapons available?

@naagza there are only two objectives/big monsters to hunt. One is beast-type monster called Lagombi (beginner) and the other one is sea dragon-like monster called Lagriacus. Anyway, why don't you just download the demo instead of just guessing? It's free :)

@naagza there are only two objectives/big monsters to hunt. One is beast-type monster called Lagombi (beginner) and the other one is sea dragon-like monster called Lagriacus. Anyway, why don't you just download the demo instead of just guessing? It's free :)
I've got a lot of demos on my 3DS as is so I'm reaching the point where space is a potential problem lol I just felt like asking out of curiosity while checking out some of the threads to see if it'd be something I'm interested in.

@naagza I see. I think in that way Capcom let you try any weapon you might take interest in. When you decide to buy MH3U, you don't need to try each weapons. Oh but you cannot use 3DS Control Pad Pro in the demo version.

@naagza I see. I think in that way Capcom let you try any weapon you might take interest in. When you decide to buy MH3U, you don't need to try each weapons. Oh but you cannot use 3DS Control Pad Pro in the demo version.
Ah I see. I guess for once Capcom actually did something right lol And in terms of 3DS Control Pad Pro, that's not necessarily a huge problem though if one thinks about it

Sorry, was my mistake. It was Circle Pad Pro ^_^

Sorry, was my mistake. It was Circle Pad Pro ^_^
lol I didn't even notice that mistake when I quoted and responded to you tbh I'm sure most people knew what you were talking about just from the word "Pro" though :p

The demo is fun, I sometimes play it when I don't feel like putting in my cartridge. LOL even doe I have the game.

The demo is fun, I sometimes play it when I don't feel like putting in my cartridge. LOL even doe I have the game.
then why not transfer the physical cartridge data to your 3DS so that you always have access to the game without using the demo? :p It's actually possible to do this

in the demo of monster hunter 3 you get to pick one of any weapon category its quite fun - but if you play it often - it will start to get boring - but its fun to have so you can play it when you come

It's limited on stages weapons upgrades and all that stuff if you could tell just from guessing. I think the amount of times the game can play will be limited as well.....

In the demo, you can use all types of weapons but you are limited only two battles, with a big Bunny and another with something more stupid, lol. You don't get the missions, and lot of other stuff included in the full game, duh.

In the demo, you can use all types of weapons but you are limited only two battles, with a big Bunny and another with something more stupid, lol. You don't get the missions, and lot of other stuff included in the full game, duh.
Two battles ? In the whole game only we'll that kind of sucks I can't play any demos since I don't have a NNID hope they add more battles to the demo or something :L

Two battles ? In the whole game only we'll that kind of sucks I can't play any demos since I don't have a NNID hope they add more battles to the demo or something :L
I doubt they'll add any more battles to the Demo but you can get the full game and honestly, it's one helluva awesome game. Gets annoying at times but nothing beats the cool experience.

I don't see why they'd want to add more battles to the demo. The point is to make the game something that the consumer wants to buy, not to spoil all the cool stuff within it haha

I don't see why they'd want to add more battles to the demo. The point is to make the game something that the consumer wants to buy, not to spoil all the cool stuff within it haha
Well then how are you going to know how well the game is gonna be good or bad just by giving a small amount of content to users just for demos they want a little more content though :p

Well then how are you going to know how well the game is gonna be good or bad just by giving a small amount of content to users just for demos they want a little more content though :p
Monster Hunter series has its fame - it is not a new Capcom franchise, starting from Playstation 2. You can even look for gameplay videos on Youtube for MH 3 Ultimate. The demo is given to provide us game control (it's a little bit uneasy at first - more if you're not into MH series) and stuff.

You can tell based on how the gameplay feels. Honestly, you're making it sound like demos are a bad representation of the game, which is entirely untrue. If the demo seems great, it leaves the consumer thinking that the full version is going to be even better (which in many cases it is). If you spoil everything with the demo, it can ruin the experience of the full game.
Monster Hunter series has its fame - it is not a new Capcom franchise, starting from Playstation 2. You can even look for gameplay videos on Youtube for MH 3 Ultimate. The demo is given to provide us game control (it's a little bit uneasy at first - more if you're not into MH series) and stuff.
yeah, that reasoning for the demo being the way it is makes sense.

The demo is just that- a demo. I had a friend who played it for a couple of hours since you have 2 monsters and a whole array of weapons to choose from. Of course, the demo really isn't representative of the actual game at all. It's just there to give potential buyers a taste of what Monster Hunting feels like. You can only ever get the complete experience from actually purchasing the game.

I think it is just a demo and a demo just gives you a taste of what the game is like. To me, the fact of having all the weapon's classes available and two kind of monsters to hunt make the demo not limited at all! Otherwise it would not be a demo if you incorporate every monster to hunt or every item to craft.

Back