Internet Terms You Dislike?

• Thread starter 9070
  • Start date

Restricted User
Towns Folk
What are some internet terms you dislike? These could be acronym's, abbreviations, or just words in general that the majority of the internet uses that you aren't too fond of.

I personally don't like the term "noob" >.<

u = You ur =Your u r = You Are Oh and Their Punctuation.

I dislike it when people use the world "plz". It makes them sound ten-times more desperate and it's like my pet peeve if people keep typing it. plz plz plz If someone is going to say please, they better type it out for me or it won't have any meaning to me.
This sounded like an angry rampage but it's not :p

Reactions: Moon Rain, 423 and Mikaya
I don't like "U r" and "noob"

I hate atm, because it's also used irl

Noob/s.. Nooo b, Nooo bs. Nooooo? The real way to spell it, is Newb or Newbs..

I cant stand all the abbreviations. There's so many that I don't know, so the first time someone said: ty, np, rofl, ttyl, sys, or anything new, I just sit there for hours trying to figure out what they said/meant. Just so I don't cause anyone else a headache, the meanings to the abbreviations I gave are: Thank you, no problem, rolling on floor laughing, talk to you later, see you soon.

"yeet yah"

I don't like the term "omg", even though I usit a lot xD I think it looks weird and girlish like those sterotypical types that have high-pitched voices and that have a.. you.. know "girly" accent. "Like oh my gosh, that is like, tots offensive to me. You don't like even know how it feels!" xP

Reactions: blinboy
Head(other word for butt) | both words are connected. I do not like this term one bit because it attacks the intellectuality of a person and is just plain vulgar lol. Lately, I've seen this term excessively used on vine and instagram.

I really hate the word Yolo, I know what it stands for but I don't know why people are using them and for what purpose.
Seems like many people here hate u, ur and u r, I'm surprised, I always use it oops (they are so convenient to use aren't they?)

Bae. Seriously, I hate that word with a passion. It's like let's-prove-your-girliness-by-using-this-word-for-basically-everything-ever-ever >_<

It's the Danish word for poop people.

Reactions: Isabella
I hate the word bae
I hate rofl
I don't know if this counts but I dislike the 'xD' emoticon even though I used to use it (xP is different ok)
I also dislike excessive use of emoji's, this falls more under social media in general.
I don't like when people say 'lol' after every sentence especially when texting, like chill you're clearly not laughing that much.

I agree with most if not all that was already stated. And even though this isn't an internet term but just something I see a lot online is people who start off their sentences with a lower case letter. One of my biggest pet peeves that I just have to live with.

Let's face it :sneaky: I really don't like the term " lol " >.> It's pretty annoying especially when it's just constantly everytime . I also really don't like most terms , especially when I don't know what it means ._. so yeah for example is ( YGBKM ) You gotta be kidding me :p

Swag,yolo and #(propably doesnt count,but I really hate it)
Also lol,I have already seen it used in inappropriate situations

All of the moronic acronyms that were pioneered within the last 5 or so years. I won't bother to list them all simply because 1) Many of them have already been mentioned at least once in this thread and 2) They make me mad, which I assume is the main reason why I'm posting here.

YOLO. I use it to laugh like "I'm eating chinese food from that weird restaurant... yolo..." but find it sort of annoying.

Also "Just sayin'" and "kthxbye" and also "You don't say" find them rude...

I hate the terms cookies. Because I suddenly start thinking about cookies and bam! I'm hungry and I want cookies.

Not to mention the internet makes cookies sound bad, I know internet cookies aren't so good but they could've picked a different name.

Back