iPhone Gaming Controller.

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Logitech has unveiled a brand new iOS 7 game controller. Called the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery, the device will be compatible with the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, and iPod Touch (5th generation).

Insert your Apple item into the opening to unlock the gamepad's arsenal of features. The Powershell doubles the battery life while the form factor does not block access to the iPhone or iPod's various buttons.

Equipped with analog game controls that will provide a console-style gaming experience, the games will take full advantage of the platform. It also has a built in battery pack, so you can charge up your phone as you play games.

Gamers will not need to remove batteries from their respective cases to be charged. Also, phone features such as making calls, volume adjustments ,etc. still work well while housed in the controller. Special software does not need to be installed on the controller and will not be limited to a small selection of games.

The Logitech Powershell Controller + Battery will cost $99 and will ship December of this year.

Now this is a little sub topic: End of Nintendo handheld reign?
The Motley Fool — a site which aims to provide investors with advice, analysis and news — has claimed that the release of Logitech's PowerShell iPhone gaming controller could spell Nintendo's doom.

The site's reasoning is that the iPhone owns the casual gaming audience, and with a proper controller, it can claim the hardcore sector of the market, too.

On paper, the figures seem solid — there are around 125 million "mobile gamers" compared to 35 million 3DS owners and the mobile market is worth a lot more in terms of revenue, too. However, such a prediction fails to note that physical controllers on smartphones aren't a new concept.

The Fool also ignores the fact that Sony's attempt to make a gaming phone, the Xperia Play — surely the one thing that could have destroyed Nintendo's market share — failed to strike a chord with players.

Anyways at the end of this little controversy, I must say that both devices are great towards gaming, do you think this little controller can end Nintendo's awesome handheld line up ?

What do you think about the iPhone Gaming Controller, is it just a rip-off, will it succeed, let me know what you think about both topics.

logitech-controller-131001.jpg

logitech-powershell-660x440.jpg

Logitech has unveiled a brand new iOS 7 game controller. Called the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery, the device will be compatible with the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, and iPod Touch (5th generation).

Insert your Apple item into the opening to unlock the gamepad's arsenal of features. The Powershell doubles the battery life while the form factor does not block access to the iPhone or iPod's various buttons.

Equipped with analog game controls that will provide a console-style gaming experience, the games will take full advantage of the platform. It also has a built in battery pack, so you can charge up your phone as you play games.

Gamers will not need to remove batteries from their respective cases to be charged. Also, phone features such as making calls, volume adjustments ,etc. still work well while housed in the controller. Special software does not need to be installed on the controller and will not be limited to a small selection of games.

The Logitech Powershell Controller + Battery will cost $99 and will ship December of this year.

Now this is a little sub topic: End of Nintendo handheld reign?
The Motley Fool — a site which aims to provide investors with advice, analysis and news — has claimed that the release of Logitech's PowerShell iPhone gaming controller could spell Nintendo's doom.

The site's reasoning is that the iPhone owns the casual gaming audience, and with a proper controller, it can claim the hardcore sector of the market, too.

On paper, the figures seem solid — there are around 125 million "mobile gamers" compared to 35 million 3DS owners and the mobile market is worth a lot more in terms of revenue, too. However, such a prediction fails to note that physical controllers on smartphones aren't a new concept.

The Fool also ignores the fact that Sony's attempt to make a gaming phone, the Xperia Play — surely the one thing that could have destroyed Nintendo's market share — failed to strike a chord with players.

Anyways at the end of this little controversy, I must say that both devices are great towards gaming, do you think this little controller can end Nintendo's awesome handheld line up ?

What do you think about the iPhone Gaming Controller, is it just a rip-off, will it succeed, let me know what you think about both topics.

logitech-controller-131001.jpg

logitech-powershell-660x440.jpg

The MotleyFool always spews a bunch of bs. I never take them seriously. A little "gaming controller" for the iphone wont make their games better. They'll all still be those free or $.99 games that always push you into buying something to help you out. Which imo is a crappy game. They aren't games that'll last like Nintendos. There is nothing "hardcore" about any of the iPhone games. They aren't able to dish out amazing graphics like the 3DS can or even the PSP. The games are fun for a little while if you want some cheap, simple games. But anything more and it'll be a waste. The phone has a really small screen and just makes gaming awkward.

I can easily admit that I had played games on the iphone. While they were fun, they just didn't offer the same quality as my simple ds. My time of phone gaming lasted maybe a year. xD

Okay, just saying but I WANT THAT :p Clash of Clans pro style

The MotleyFool always spews a bunch of bs. I never take them seriously. A little "gaming controller" for the iphone wont make their games better. They'll all still be those free or $.99 games that always push you into buying something to help you out. Which imo is a crappy game. They aren't games that'll last like Nintendos. There is nothing "hardcore" about any of the iPhone games. They aren't able to dish out amazing graphics like the 3DS can or even the PSP. The games are fun for a little while if you want some cheap, simple games. But anything more and it'll be a waste. The phone has a really small screen and just makes gaming awkward.

I can easily admit that I had played games on the iphone. While they were fun, they just didn't offer the same quality as my simple ds. My time of phone gaming lasted maybe a year. xD
I had a BlackBerry for a while (not as good as the iPhone) and to be honest, I hate playing on phones, I rather have the same quality DS. I agree with everything you said about the iPhone not having hardcore games, I will never associate myself in thinking that the iPhone could actually make it "big"for gaming, most of those games remind me of lame Facebook games, and the iPhone gaming controller won't help the game in terms of storyline and overall quality. So yeah, I am on the same page as you.

Reactions: Marajan
I had a BlackBerry for a while (not as good as the iPhone) and to be honest, I hate playing on phones, I rather have the same quality DS. I agree with everything you said about the iPhone not having hardcore games, I will never associate myself in thinking that the iPhone could actually make it "big"for gaming, most of those games remind me of lame Facebook games, and the iPhone gaming controller won't help the game in terms of storyline and overall quality. So yeah, I am on the same page as you.

Yeah. xD I don't see hardcore Nintendo fans ever switching to phone gaming because it got that dinky little controller xD Nor do I see most of the hardcore gamers switching. It just wouldn't make sense.

Yeah. xD I don't see hardcore Nintendo fans ever switching to phone gaming because it got that dinky little controller xD Nor do I see most of the hardcore gamers switching. It just wouldn't make sense.
Plus, I won't pay $99 for that,its useless, best buy a 2DS. The think some people will buy it just to play a few titles, but other than that, I think its a bust.

Haha, I always have to laugh at how some people think the iPhone even qualifies as a decent handheld gaming console. People have been saying this iPhone thing and that iPhone thing will ruin Nintendo for a quarter of a billion years and it hasn't happened.
First of all iPhone games are almost always terrible in quality, and the one straw they have to catch at is that touch controls are imprecise. Now that they won't have that excuse they'll be even more terrible.
Second of all... wait, you know what? I get tired of this. It may be good for too-rich people who spend their money foolishly; I can't see anyone else buying it except as a curiosity.

Reactions: Reece
Well, we have some good games for iOS and SQEX, for example, are in pursuit to release bunch of ported and even brand-new games (FF Agito, for example). But I don't think a controller would be necessary since game developers would use touchscreen as iPhone (and Android) base feature, even push that to the optimal gaming experience.

The thing is that the games themselves are generally pretty bad. Square Enix is doing some decent remakes for iOS but as they're easily and more comfortably playable on other consoles I wouldn't expect to see many people switching.

Why does everyone on this forum say "Nintendo is soo good and iPhone sucks for games." or "do you think iPhone is gonna become more popular for games" honestly iPhone does have some amazing fun yet simple games and even some hardcore games but obviously there not going to stop people from buying Nintendo consoles, can you play Mario 3d land on an iPhone? no, can you play pokemon x or link betwwen worlds and games like that on an iPhone? exactly, no.

yeah but the thing is @xmenpkmntrainer - a iPhone isn't built for gaming :p
it was built to be a multi functional tool :p but of course game developers found an advantage of the iPhones
and made games there too :p
i find that the iPhone isn't very good for action games and stuff like that
- i find that the only thing that is good on iPhone is the RPG and puzzle games :p
a ipad is much more suited to playing games :p and a 3ds of course :p

btw i find this new device intriguing and interesting :p
its probably going to encourage the sale of games on the app store :p
thats if this device is popular :p

are you going to get it ? I'm probably not but it depends on the games that comes out :p that use this tech :p

yeah but the thing is @xmenpkmntrainer - a iPhone isn't built for gaming :p
it was built to be a multi functional tool :p but of course game developers found an advantage of the iPhones
and made games there too :p
i find that the iPhone isn't very good for action games and stuff like that
- i find that the only thing that is good on iPhone is the RPG and puzzle games :p
a ipad is much more suited to playing games :p and a 3ds of course :p

btw i find this new device intriguing and interesting :p
its probably going to encourage the sale of games on the app store :p
thats if this device is popular :p

are you going to get it ? I'm probably not but it depends on the games that comes out :p that use this tech :p
I know the iPhone is a multifunctional tool, I never said it was a gaming console btw

I know the iPhone is a multifunctional tool, I never said it was a gaming console btw
Why does everyone on this forum say "Nintendo is soo good and iPhone sucks for games."
so thats why i told you -
its because its not a gaming console :p

It doesn't work on iPad...:oops:

It's like a gameboy when it's attached to the iPhone but...I don't think it suits it. iPhone is a phone. Not a gaming device. xD

It's like a gameboy when it's attached to the iPhone but...I don't think it suits it. iPhone is a phone. Not a gaming device. xD
:thumbsup: Things should stay what they are. They shouldn't try to make the iPhone into a gaming device, when it's clearly not.

Reactions: Mikaya
:thumbsup: Things should stay what they are. They shouldn't try to make the iPhone into a gaming device, when it's clearly not.
I couldn't agree with the statement more, I really don't understand how IPhone "hardcore gamers" can take gaming seriously, the IPhone isn't meant for gaming, I don't understand why people treat it like that... :unsure:

Yeah that's nice i have an iphone 3gs but it won't support it too bad but i am also planning to buy Iphone 5s or 5c it's a matter of time until i get it and i pretty really wanna know how it works.

Back