Ipod Mini refuses to Connect

• Thread starter Agentperson
  • Start date
Agentperson

Agentperson

Custom Title
Towns Folk
I owned a iPod Mini for a while, but I never had interest in using it til a few months ago. I tried connecting it to my Laptop, but it didn't get recognized. I've tried multiple methods, but none of them seemed to work.
Here's a list of things that may help.
  • iTunes is installed, and I have installed it multiple times.
  • Using a Windows 10 on the lastest version. iPod has the Windows format.
  • It charges when plugged in, so the connectors are not dirty.
  • Disk Mode was tried
  • Yes, I've used different computers.
  • Yes, I've used different cables.
  • Yes, I've used different USB ports.
  • Yes, I've restarted my computer.
  • Yes, I've followed the steps provided by Apple, though support has not been contacted.
  • Yes, I've used different iPods that brought back similar results.
  • Not shown at all in Device Management nor File Explorer.
  • iPod Shuffle works fine, so nothing software wise. So does basic USB Flash Drives, but apparently not an Android device (Probably a different issue though).
  • I don't know if I own an original cable, but I can't buy one anyway.
  • iPod has model number of A1051.
  • iPod boots and works fine, incase you haven't gotten that already.
Thanks for any possible help.

I have an iPod Mini too! Never had this problem, but I usually use MediaMonkey to put my songs on there

Just heads up though, is it a 1st gen or a 2nd gen? 1st gen's middle button (inside the click wheel) is outwards, while 2nd gen is inwards. They have the same model number too, but are different versions, and have different specs with them.

Just heads up though, is it a 1st gen or a 2nd gen?
I happen to own a 1st gen. I didn't inculde it in my original post because I didn't know how to tell the difference since I own a Sliver one.

I happen to own a 1st gen. I didn't inculde it in my original post because I didn't know how to tell the difference since I own a Sliver one.
Ah, I have a 2nd gen, I don't think I would be any help, unfortunately. From what I can remember, holding down the middle button and the menu button should force reset it, maybe you just need to do that and see if that helps?

• Informative
Reactions: Agentperson
Ah, I have a 2nd gen, I don't think I would be any help, unfortunately. From what I can remember, holding down the middle button and the menu button should force reset it, maybe you just need to do that and see if that helps?
Disk Mode was tried
Thanks anyway.

Thanks anyway.
I didn't mean Disc Mode, I just meant to literally reset your iPod

I didn't mean Disc Mode, I just meant to literally reset your iPod
Well, you need to reset your iPod to enter it.

Seriously, if it was that simple of a fix, this thread won't exist.

Seriously, if it was that simple of a fix, this thread won't exist.
:facepalm:

Maybe you should go on iFixit and see if they can help you there?

Back