IronFall Invasion, Anyone Tried It Yet?

• Thread starter Risinglink
  • Start date
Risinglink

Risinglink

Can't Wait For Persona Q!!
Towns Folk
2 days ago, a new 'free' game has released in the eshop. Remember that tech demo back then for IronFall? It finally released, and I'm quite impressed with it. There's only 1 mission as a demo, as well as a quick online match, but overall it's fun.

yeah i downloaded it,the space is about 3000 and something blocks so for a demo that is a lot but because of the awesome graphics.I finish the mission but i still keep playing the last part where you have to go in front on the verandah and shoot the enemies below and above,plus you get a grenade gun.

I'm pretty impressed with the game so far! Great Graphics and it works really well with the C-stick. The first Mission is about an hour long, and you can play multiplayer but if you buy full version you get more maps, characters,guns and all the missions! However many reviews say it's bad, but personally I loved it.

yeah i downloaded it,the space is about 3000 and something blocks so for a demo that is a lot but because of the awesome graphics.I finish the mission but i still keep playing the last part where you have to go in front on the verandah and shoot the enemies below and above,plus you get a grenade gun.
Well to be fair, aren't you downloading the full game, but just have it cut off until you buy the rest?

I played the game, it's definitely something I'd buy in the future, but my main concern is if people will still play it for more then a week or so before dropping it. I'd hate for multiplayer to go dead quickly like some other games, especially when the dev said they may add more content later to the game depending on how well it does

It was a pretty fun game and I enjoyed it but I think 20$ is too much for that game. I think it should be 10-15$ instead.

I really did kinda enjoy this game as it had some amazing graphics in it and the gameplay was really action-packed . I love the multiplayer function as well and this game is really fun the demo in what things it gives you but I think that the price is too high , though not too high . The only thing that really doubted me in downloading the demo thing was that the blocks is really alot and I really don't like demos that take that much blocks . It wasn't what I expected

Yes, I have. It's very difficult to play if you don't have a Circle Pad Pro or C-stick. Increasing sensitivity on the touchscreen might help but it's still awkward to play like that. I know @D4rkDragon loved it and I know the game was designed with the New 3DS in mind, but I couldn't enjoy it enough to even finish the demo.

Apart from the gameplay which was unplayable for me: the graphics are very good (I disagree with the people who say it's a seventh-gen console game on a 3DS - look at the chick's eyes - but they are good), the voice acting is OK and I suppose the story would be interesting to some folks.

It's easy to see that the game's minuscule development team put a lot of heart into it, and I'm very sorry that I couldn't enjoy it.

Yes, I have. It's very difficult to play if you don't have a Circle Pad Pro or C-stick. Increasing sensitivity on the touchscreen might help but it's still awkward to play like that. I know @D4rkDragon loved it and I know the game was designed with the New 3DS in mind, but I couldn't enjoy it enough to even finish the demo.

Apart from the gameplay which was unplayable for me: the graphics are very good (I disagree with the people who say it's a seventh-gen console game on a 3DS - look at the chick's eyes - but they are good), the voice acting is OK and I suppose the story would be interesting to some folks.

It's easy to see that the game's minuscule development team put a lot of heart into it, and I'm very sorry that I couldn't enjoy it.

Yup, on that point, they put a lot of effort into it, but yes, even though I was obligated to hold the console in an awkward position in order to be able to control both the lower screen and the top screen, the game is relatively good for a FPS designed for the 3DS.

But sadly, as you said, @Spinnerweb: it has the MH syndrome: They couldn't map the controls correctly to the console without the use of a N3DS or a CPP while consoles with less buttons (PSP) manage to have better controls. I should have mentioned it in the review, but I was fine with it at that time.

Reactions: 18
Yup, on that point, they put a lot of effort into it, but yes, even though I was obligated to hold the console in an awkward position in order to be able to control both the lower screen and the top screen, the game is relatively good for a FPS designed for the 3DS.

But sadly, as you said, @Spinnerweb: it has the MH syndrome: They couldn't map the controls correctly to the console without the use of a N3DS or a CPP while consoles with less buttons (PSP) manage to have better controls. I should have mentioned it in the review, but I was fine with it at that time.
Your review is great :cat:

What put me off was that there was no 'use the face buttons to aim' option. I've grown so used to that in PSP games that the absence of it was something of a shock, and it rendered the touchscreen controls even more difficult to use for me. Liberation Maiden had a slightly similar control scheme, but that control scheme was perfect because you used the touchscreen to aim at a particular point and shoot it. In this game, however, you have to slide the stylus around... not for me.

I can't begin to imagine how left-handed players would play it.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I have a problem playing on 3ds without a circle pad pro.

IronFall Invasion was a really good demo in my opinion. I THINK the game has fully released and it's completely free, since I didn't see the "Try for Free" thing at the top, and it didn't change from $0.00 so I'm waiting for the download to finish. I played the demo and it was awesome! The controls were pretty easy to get used to and I don't even play much FPS games! I was also surprised at the graphics, but I have to say the voice acting wasn't the best.

It's difficult to play in the normal 3DS, yes. The graphics look cooler on videos and the gameplay could be better.
Maybe I'll buy, but I hope for a 3DS shooter that surpasses Resident Revelations (graphic-wise and gameplay-wise) on the New 3DS.

IronFall Invasion was a really good demo in my opinion. I THINK the game has fully released and it's completely free, since I didn't see the "Try for Free" thing at the top, and it didn't change from $0.00 so I'm waiting for the download to finish.
The game tells you to buy the full campaign and multiplayer in-game. It goes for $0 on the eShop because it's really just a demo.

I tried it. It was actually pretty good. I loved the graphics and all the action in the game. The variety of weapons is a lot. The controls are also really surprising easy to use in the game. But I suggest you play this game on the new 3ds. The game is hard to move the camera with the touch screen on the old 3ds. I suggest this game to anybody who is a fan of first person shooters.

Back