Is Ditto A Good Pokemon With The Imposter Ability?

• Thread starter Hey_Its_Jay
  • Start date
Hey_Its_Jay

Hey_Its_Jay

Jay
Towns Folk
So Ive Heard Of Imposter Ditto But Not In X And Y... .-. Never Seen One Only Seen In Black And White But I Was Wondering Where To Find One In X And Y

Anyways If It Isnt Possible Someone Have One They Can Trade? Just Wondering And Thx

I don't know if Ditto is a good Pokemon for competitive battling, as I've never seen it or used it. You can find Dittos in the Friend Safari, if someone has it, or alternatively, you can go to the Pokemon Village southeast of Snowbelle city and try to look for one using the Pokeradar. It is quite rare, though so it will take time to find it.

I don't know if Ditto is a good Pokemon for competitive battling, as I've never seen it or used it. You can find Dittos in the Friend Safari, if someone has it, or alternatively, you can go to the Pokemon Village southeast of Snowbelle city and try to look for one using the Pokeradar. It is quite rare, though so it will take time to find it.

Hmmm.... U Sure I Can Find One In The Pokemon Village?!?! I Hope Ur Right Hehe Thanks :)

Hmmm.... U Sure I Can Find One In The Pokemon Village?!?! I Hope Ur Right Hehe Thanks :)
Yes, I am sure as I have caught one myself from there.

Competitively they aren't the greatest with their only advantage being Powder that boosts a certain stat. Their HP isn't the greatest either compared to what they are up against most the time. and they have to switch in when the opponent isn't attacking making Ditto almost dead weight.

Hmmm Y'all Right..... Hmm.... I Still Want A Ditto With Imposter.... What Are The Chances On Finding One In Pokemon Village??!!? How Much Time Y'All Think It Will Take?!?!? o_O

Hmmm Y'all Right..... Hmm.... I Still Want A Ditto With Imposter.... What Are The Chances On Finding One In Pokemon Village??!!? How Much Time Y'All Think It Will Take?!?!? o_O
It would have to be a Horde battle to get a HA Ditto in the Village but in a FS it's pretty easy. As long as you have a sweet scent Pokemon. And because of the ability it wouldn't take long.

It would have to be a Horde battle to get a HA Ditto in the Village but in a FS it's pretty easy. As long as you have a sweet scent Pokemon. And because of the ability it wouldn't take long.

Whats FS!?!?!? And What U Mean Sweet Scent Pokemon?!?!? Thts An Ability?!?!? Sorry For So Many Questions XD

Whats FS!?!?!? And What U Mean Sweet Scent Pokemon?!?!? Thts An Ability?!?!? Sorry For So Many Questions XD
Sweet Scent is a move. FS is Friend Safari.

Sweet Scent is a move. FS is Friend Safari.

Ohhhhh Yeah Yeah Ok I Get It FS Wow tht was retardish of me.... But Finding A Guy With Ditto FS Is SOOOOOOO IMPOSSIBLE! ><

Ditto + Imposter ability + Choice Scarf = Pretty decent in competitive.

You get to transform into the opponent's Pokemon and gain the Pokemon's stats/moves. With the Choice Scarf, you can outspeed the opponent and attack it with a move. It's a pretty decent combination, but not the best.

I Was Fighthing A Ditto And It Transfirmed Into My Garchomp And It Outspeed Me, Maybe We Both Had The Same Stats And By Luck He Got Faster? Maybe U Just Need To Transform And You Will Be Fine? If Ur Lucky Tht Is.... Thx So Much For The Replies Everyone Helped A Lot BUT I CANT FIND A DITTO WITH IMPOSTER ANYWHERE ><

Ditto with imposter can only be caught in the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto in Black 2 and White 2, and really, even with great EV's and IV's, Ditto is not really a good Pokemon competitively. Ditto's main purpose is for breeding, not battling. It has one of the lowest Base Stat Totals of almost every Pokemon, and even though it copies stats when transformed, it's HP remains the same, at an extremely low amount, making it easy to get rid of, because of its extremely low HP.

Personally, I would not recommend using a Ditto for anything but breeding, because really, it's a bad Pokemon. :/

Ditto with imposter can only be caught in the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto in Black 2 and White 2, and really, even with great EV's and IV's, Ditto is not really a good Pokemon competitively. Ditto's main purpose is for breeding, not battling. It has one of the lowest Base Stat Totals of almost every Pokemon, and even though it copies stats when transformed, it's HP remains the same, at an extremely low amount, making it easy to get rid of, because of its extremely low HP.

Personally, I would not recommend using a Ditto for anything but breeding, because really, it's a bad Pokemon. :/

Hmm I See.... Thanks So Much :) Really helped I Still Want one thouuu :( I Cant find imposter ANYWHERE!!!!

Ditto is really good for revenge killing in competitve battles. Choice Scarf with imposter will mean that you will always outspeed your opponent. imposter not only transforms Ditto into your opponent's pokemon but it will copy all of it's stats PLUS it's stat boosts (i.e swords dance, intimidate, agility increase/decrease) except the HP stat. So i would recommend EV training only it's hp stat. Another way of getting an imposter ditto is to ask for it on the GTS. if you already have a ditto, then offer that ditto for another ditto until you get an imposter one. Hope I helped!

Ditto is really good for revenge killing in competitve battles. Choice Scarf with imposter will mean that you will always outspeed your opponent. imposter not only transforms Ditto into your opponent's pokemon but it will copy all of it's stats PLUS it's stat boosts (i.e swords dance, intimidate, agility increase/decrease) except the HP stat. So i would recommend EV training only it's hp stat. Another way of getting an imposter ditto is to ask for it on the GTS. if you already have a ditto, then offer that ditto for another ditto until you get an imposter one. Hope I helped!

Really Good! o.o OMG I Guess ANY pokemon Can Be Competitive :) BTW THX For The GTS Thing Thts A Greaaaat IDEA O.O Hope it Works And Thaaankz :D

a imposter ditto is possible just really hard to come by and yes it can be used as a competitive Pokemon

I dont think Dittos are good for battles.

Besides Pokemon Village, you could also just transfer an Imposter Ditto into Gen 6 and breed it, but that's besides the point.

Ditto isn't the best for competitive battles because while Imposter copies the opponent's stats, it doesn't copy all of them, namely HP is retained. Ditto's HP isn't all that great, which means that it's usually easier to kill than the original. That, along with the fact that the opponent will already know the moves you can choose, makes Ditto predictable (especially if Scarfed, which you often see). If Ditto had more HP, or a pokemon like Blissey had access to Imposter, THEN the strategy would work better

Hmm I See.... Thanks So Much :) Really helped I Still Want one thouuu :( I Cant find imposter ANYWHERE!!!!
Ummm, I have an imposter ability ditto. I would sell to you I only have like, one. Plus, it is shiny XD I got it for a shiny charmander so how much would you offer? I would offer 15+? amount of PC plus it has 6IV's and it is Japanese!!!:p The quick powder boosts Ditto's Speed which is really helpful! I just don't know if I would sell it though

Back