Is Dragalia Lost worth getting into?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I keep seeing promotional art about the game and I know it's been out for a while now, so to the players who play the game a lot, is Dragalia Lost worth getting into now? What types of people would enjoy it the most?

It's a gacha game first and foremost. You'll be doing a lot of juggling with the gems and summoning things.

There's a semi-unique gameplay at the start, slide around to move your character, tap to attack but it's very janky and not very responcive at all. Once you beat a couple levels, the 2x speed and auto battle unlocks and makes the gameplay non-existant. The gameplay is designed around you using the autobattle, that is what it is designed around.

The game is also massive, I had to download like 3-4gb of additional data, and even then it kept downloading more bits and pieces here and there.

Into chapter 2 the grinding kicked in HARD, left the game running on my desk going through a level 20 times and even after all that and it eating my battery hard because there's no battery saving mode for auto playing, I still didn't have all the items I needed.

Small things too like collecting quest rewards, mission finish bonus rewards, etc are annoying as well. You get a notification like "hey you get this!" but then you need to go to another section to actually collect them which gives you 2 more popups to confirm. Auto optimisation is confusing as well, doesn't always put forward the best people/doesn't equip the best items. Things also don't level up in battle, they can only level up with levelling items which can be hard to bulk get meaning you've gotta grind them ontop of everything else.

Even if you enjoy gacha games, this one is a lot more idle and awkward then other gacha games, there's certainly better ones out there.

if you phone can run the game, yes it is, currently we have a very good banner (a gala banner with very good units, and also for new players there are 10 free draws for some days)
also the current event is one of the best the game ever had
altrough sadly, you wont have the same experience as the rest, since we had to wait "real time" for the story scenes to unlock , wich made the players form teories about who was the culprit in the story ,and you will simply be able to see everithing (except the ending, because the ending in raid events is unlocked when the event ends)
also ,the game is very generous(summoning tickers are farmable in events), even if i used approximately 150 draws just in this banner to get every new unit of it, i still have +300 draws in reserve

Last edited:
it is a fun gatch game with a diffrent approach of how the game is played , that has good art , nice music and some cute and quirky characters that you cam get in its gatcha.
while not all phones are able to download or run this game and this game can be at times quite the battery hog in terms of how fast the phone batters goes down while playing the games battles , it is a game that is easy to recomend for those looking fir new gatcha game to try out if it has gotten your attention but need other person feedback before taking the plunge and deciding to play the game.

Reactions: phofufury
Back