Fantasy Life Is Fantasy Life too easy.

• Thread starter BetterBushyBurmyBureau
  • Start date
BetterBushyBurmyBureau

BetterBushyBurmyBureau

Kawaii in the streets. Senpai in the sheets.
Towns Folk
I know it might sound crazy but I think Fantasy Life is a bit too easy for me. Aside from the DLC's Trial of time the base game doesn't offer that much of a challenge. Now, is this a bad thing? No. I think it's a good game to have a chilled time playing much like Animal Crossing. Tell me what you guys think and if you agree.

It depends on how you played I guess. I got my butt kicked pretty hard a couple of times, specially like the first time I tried the Nap Dragon and stuff like that.

Maybe I'm bad? I don't know? But I found some difficult areas around the game.

Story is easy, but exploring can be hard and certain ranks for Lives can be hard to rank up

Reactions: 2205
Overall the game is pretty kiddy. It gives you options but doesn't punish you if you don't fulfill them. I've played more intense games so i would say this game is pretty easy. You can teleport easily, It's relatively easy to level up, and the trials aren't difficult if you bring allies. (I have dlc so it might be different for people without it)

Reactions: Marc
Overall yes, the game is quite easy.

Maybe some bounty bosses (like the birds) could give you trouble if you fight them alone, but really it's not as rough as other RPGs I've played. Still a pretty good game, though.

Yes it is the main story has to be easy cause if you are maybe a fisher you only have a dagger if they make you fight a napdragon it would be super hard for some life's
Although side missions like beating the nap dragon and not being forced to fight it are for actual fighters all the lives do different things

The game is very easy if you start of with Paladin, mercainares, Hunter, wizard and all those combat classes. I believe Level-5 made the game easy because some people start of with life's like angler or cook that don't reall raise you strength. However I do wish there was an option to change the difficulty to Easy to Hard and to Normal

I wouldn't expect SMT levels of difficulty, but I'm sure the difficulty will rise as one gets further into the game. They're not going to stick a bunch of hardcore later game enemies into a trailer intended to appeal to the average 3DS owner.

I have no idea what I'm going to start off as in this game, and I love that feeling.

GOT THE GAME TODAY !!!
i already regret buying it...because it so freaking addicting!!! i played almost 7 hours straight
face-smile-big.gif

here is my impression so far. no spoilers.
the game starts veeeeeeeeryyyyy slow and with a lot of text. but it is tolerable so far. i won't say anything about the story, because like many reviews already said it takes some time to start. the game world is super cool. visuals are nice and the 3D effect really shines in some dungeons, because those are built up like small (linear) labyrinths. the characters are soooooooo lovely and some dialogs will make you laugh^^ music is also totally fitting and easy on the ears.

Reactions: 2205 and BetterBushyBurmyBureau
It's pretty Easy but not to the point of being Boring. Og course some bosses will be hard early-game.

Without the trials it's rather easy

Like someone already said, the story mode is rather easy but as soon as you leave the story it can get tricky...

Fantasy Life's story was quite trivial in the sense that the game would always guide you to where you need to go (even by the time you become familiar with the locations and areas). The dialogue also has a weird mix of boring, funny, and interesting all at the same time. I'd say Life Missions are more difficult than Butterfly's requests (which also has to do with Tales of Lunares).

Although I agree that the game is easy, I don't think this game would be as fun if it were too challenging because the amount of things to do already amount to well over 100 hours of game time for seasoned gamers, and so if it were any harder it would deter many players who, like me, play it as a way to relax and forget about the stresses of everyday life. Each of Life in the game present their own unique challenges such as collecting material, levelling up to beat a boss and then there's the challenge of mastering each life, and so if the game were any harder this would become a very unappealing aspect of the game.

Back