Is it too late to start collecting amiibo?

• Thread starter farway2000
  • Start date
F

farway2000

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
The hype for it has died down a bit, but I still want to collect. Is this a good choice?

I thought they were still popular, personally. People are still buying them. Which ones would would you get, btw? :D

I don't think it's late to make a collection, hopefully there will be more released games in the future with amiibo functionality. :3

It has died down slightly, but not a ton.

It would actually be a good time to start collecting now, because some of the rarer Amiibo are getting restocked and are getting easier to find. (Villager, Captain Falcon)
There's only a few rare ones at this time (Jigglypuff, Ness..) and you would want to start early. If you start later, more Amiibo will be harder to find.

Definitely start now. The initial hype has died down, so it should be easier to find some of the more popular amiibo that were a struggle to get when they first launched. Wait for the hype to die down, then go and get all the amiibo!

I would say a little bit of yes, considering that a lot of Semi-Rare to Unicorn amiibos might already be claimed and the day you see one is just a lucky day (I had one when I got a Samus). I mean, if you're in just to collect them then no. You can still find plenty of them.

It was very recently that I ran into my first amiibo collector! I'd never really seen them before & someone had a bunch at my college. It sounded like collecting now was working pretty well, so it shouldn't be too late! There's still new ones coming out with the animal crossing game and etc., methinks.

Reactions: Mikaya
Pretty much what everyone else said. However, your late start on collecting amiibo means that you already missed a few limited edition amiibo, but not all is lost. There is one limited edition Amiibo coming soon (Golden Megaman Amiibo bundled with Megaman Legacy Collection). It's hitting stores February 23 in NA (not sure about everywhere else). Collecting amiibo is pretty fun for many people, but it's very, very expensive. xD

Quite late. I bet scalpers own all the rare ammibo so unless you have money in the 100s, you can kiss those rare ammibo bye bye. One thing I can say though is the fact that you should buy whatever ammibo releases on that certain day, or else all the ammibo will be gone. In my area, not many people are too crazy for ammibo but there still is a low stock.

Well it is never tooo late to do anything

If you are really interested in collecting those ammibos, go for it and make your own collection but as said by many people in this thread that it is quite late to collect to those amibois.

Well now it is really up to you whether you want to collect those ammibos or not.

I believe that there's no such thing as being late for collecting amiibos. :pompus:
Looking at how amiibo buyers are going now,it does look like it's actually easier to encounter some amiibo,and there must be like more than a hundred of them out now ranging from different collections,so if anything,I'd say it's a good opportunity to begin collecting now and raise a group of them!Just be aware that it may take a while to get out of it. :bag:

in my country there are very much stock, so at least in my case, its not late, its easy to found the one I want, but previously, it was harder to find one

In my opinion, it never seems like it's too late to start collecting amiibo, as, unlike Skylanders or other toys-to-life type things, they are much more of a collectors series of figures rather than ones that are necessary for gameplay. Plus, Nintendo is constantly rolling out new figures, and they don't look like they'll be stopping anytime soon. Heck, even the Champions from BoTW are getting amiibos.

At this point? Definitely, I'm afraid. It was a fad that came and went, doesn't seem to be much chance of it picking up again in the future. It's a shame because I really liked the idea yet they never did much with it.

Hey, maybe there's still a chance. Maybe people will get nostalgic again in a decade and we'll see amiibo return to their former glory... if there was any glory to begin with, never felt like the idea really ever took off.

It's 2021 now. People are buying primarily digital and physical items are seen as a thing of the past. It's kind of depressing, but thi seems to be the way things are heading, and amiibos will have no place in a strictly digital world.

Frighteningly, what if amiibos themselves became digital DLC down the line? Purchasing amiibo as a kind of DLC that can be transferred across multiple games? That's scary to think about.

They still have them on shelves so if you have boatloads of money then why not. It's not too late to collect them but they are pretty common now and have less popularity other than being in Smash and fighting other Amiibo or making content with on Youtube because of their insane strength with Spirits. If you want a cheaper option I suggest the Amiibo Powertags because they are really neat and useful for the typical gamer with Amiibo compatible games.

Back