'Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon' gets a game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The anime wasn't bad but it wasn't too great either. I still watched it through, but I need to pick it back up with season 2 eventually. Wasn't expecting there to be a game about it. To kick things off, it's coming to the west for the Nintendo Switch too.

'Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon' is an RPG game for the Nintendo Switch, known from the anime called DanMachi. According to the news revealed today, the game is a dungeon crawler mixed with RPG elements with a visual novel story. It'll feature the events from the anime's first season with new content in a Story Mode, with additions such as Extra Dungeons and Date Events.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate - Announcement Trailer

It looks like the game is live-action, judging by its announcement trailer. It looks kind of easy too IMO because the non-boss-looking monsters aren't seen attacking back, but maybe that'll change as you play and progress through the story.

What do you guys think about the game?

This looks pretty cute and original. It reminds me of Mystery Dungeon with more action and less RPG. Hopefully there's a difficulty setting. It's also wishful to expect customization but I doubt that'll happen. Extra dungeons and Date Events sounds cool.

Heard about this a while ago. It's gone through multiple delays and was originally going to be a PS4/PS Vita release only. Now though it's on PS4, Vita, Switch & PC for Japan, and will come out for the PS4, Switch and on Steam early next year (Q1 2020).

The story follows the anime's first season pretty closely, but also includes original content. The game is split into chapters and there are 2 characters you can play as and follow their story. The game plays out as a dungeon crawler RPG for the main game, but it also has visual novel parts to it. The extra dungeons are more so for after you've finished the main game from what I've seen, but they're procedurally generated so a lot of replayability there.

It is real-time combat, and from what I've heard the difficulty isn't terribly easy (unless you grind levels out early or whatever ofc). You can end up getting surrounded and overwhelmed if you're dumb and just rush in or whatever.

Does look like a good game, was thinking about importing it since the Japanese copy comes with english subs and such, but this'd be much cheaper, and it's fantastic that it's coming with a physical edition too~

You can end up getting surrounded and overwhelmed if you're dumb and just rush in or whatever.
Is that a challenge? :sneaky:

Reactions: 28142
I saw the title and thought Marc was actually asking "Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon", lol

• Funny
Reactions: 28142 and Marc
Bruh, That has to be the weirdest title ever. When I saw the thread, I thought you were asking us if it was wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon.

Reactions: Danominator
Back