Ultimate Is Meta Knight as strong as he was in Brawl?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been hearing Meta Knight was super OP in Brawl and that he got a major nerf in Smash 4. Since Smash Ultimate is out, I'm wondering if he got a buff to make him as OP as he was in Brawl :redpanda:

Or is he the same like how he was in Smash 4? :n-guzma:

Reactions: Samster
Based on what I’ve seen, there’s no way he’s as OP as he was in Brawl. :p

In Brawl, he was super broken, and could use unbelievably powerful moves, some that couldn’t be avoided, no matter how hard you tried. I’ve limitited myself to watchin very little about Ultimate, but I have seen just a few Smash Battles, and Meta Knight seems like he’s roughly the same as Smash 4.

he is good, but he isnt overpowered
but he seems better in ultimate than in smash 4

hes definitely one of the top characters in the game now, at least hes considered to be so by a lot of the community. If you've seen all the crazy combos that people get with this character, you'll know why.

He's about as good as he was in Brawl just his range isn't the best and his specials like up special for example doesn't kill early at all, he has limited approach options and difficult to land strings, whereas other characters have better combos and projectiles/bombs or armor to trump everything he has to offer besides his cape move which can be shielded in most situations. Think Sheik but with multiple jumps and heavier if that makes any sense.

Back