• Thread starter NintendoCosmos
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
NintendoCosmos

NintendoCosmos

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
I've been finding it weird and kind of racist at the same time, that the white Felyne's gang up on you like a bunch of Nazi's. And the black Felyne's always steal from you, And try to run away. Has anyone else notice this in the game?

504x_kittykilling.jpg

Last edited:
I don't the creators of monster hunter intended it to be racist. Maybe they chose these colors for reasons like one attacks automatically while the other attacks only if it gets hit.

I don't the creators of monster hunter intended it to be racist. Maybe they chose these colors for reasons like one attacks automatically while the other attacks only if it gets hit.

Me either. But I didn't pick up on it since last year. Do they even have testers that could of fix that before the game was even released? All they have to do is render them in different colors, It could of been cheap & quick.

They could of but they didnt :(

Personally, I think you're reading too far into this. Just because the black ones steal doesn't mean it's racist. Don't pull the race card every chance you get, keep it for whenever you REALLY need it ;)

Reactions: Magik
Personally, I think you're reading too far into this. Just because the black ones steal doesn't mean it's racist. Don't pull the race card every chance you get, keep it for whenever you REALLY need it ;)

It's not even a race card. This is not a court room. I'm just pointing out the flaw that I've seen in this game. Besides. I've seen people use the race card to brainwash others.. anyways this thread will be closed.

It's not even a race card. This is not a court room. I'm just pointing out the flaw that I've seen in this game. Besides. I've seen people use the race card to brainwash others.. anyways this thread will be closed.
I'm just saying that it isn't really worth thinking about, it's just colors to help you distinguish the 2 different cats.

Not really to me since they both ganged up on me but i just give them a taste of my charge blade i do hate it when they steal from me and bury into the ground to flee,i haven't noticed anything racist about it in MHU4 the demo though.

About the white felynes: just don't attack them and they'll leave you alone UNLESS a monster hits them or you get hit by a Felvine Bomb, then they'll attack you anyways.

About the white felynes: just don't attack them and they'll leave you alone UNLESS a monster hits them or you get hit by a Felvine Bomb, then they'll attack you anyways.
never knew cats could be so violent

Maybe they chose those colors so that you could distinguish between them and I don't really take this into consideration . By the Way I wouldn't seem to make sense if there was Blue Kitty s or green kitty s . It just seems that Black and White seem to be that kind of natural color for them to maybe fit in the environment . And they are just little kitties:D though I don't really know why the creators of Monster Hunter chose it to be Kitties maybe it could have been something else but I don't know :p

Well, in movies/animations/games, Black is the color for EVIL in most of the cases. THE DARKNESS mean evil.
Maybe it's a little bit racist if you think deep on the matter, but this was not started in Monster Hunter.

I don't think it's racist either... like seriously, this is digging way too far.
Me either. But I didn't pick up on it since last year. Do they even have testers that could of fix that before the game was even released? All they have to do is render them in different colors, It could of been cheap & quick.

And I don't get this at all? Can you explain further? Fix what, there is no real issue?

Also, think about veterans, if they see a different colored cat, they'd be like WTF and plus, Palicoes take all the other colors.

I'd like to actually have a discussion about the lore of Monster Hunter they could create but don't for some reason. It amazes me how it's set up for world building but they do very little of it. The most they seem to do are the different villages, environments, and monsters. But even then, they haven't really done much with Felynes and Melynx. But I digress...

Why would you think its racist just because of their fur color??? They're two different species in the same genus. Of course they're going to behave differently. That was intentional :|

Mmmm, maybe they don't do more for technical reasons? It would make sense, the space for a game is quite limited =/

Mmmm, maybe they don't do more for technical reasons? It would make sense, the space for a game is quite limited =/

not what I was getting at. Lore doesn't have to be in the game itself. they could just document it all, which some games do. I meant why they don't create the lore that it should probably have.

It's been that for too long :) It also makes it easier for hunters to recognize(especially those from an older version of the game)

They are also categorized by their name not their color(felyne and melynx).
It is however easier for players to recognize them based on their colors (black and light peach) (adding other colors might slow down the process time of players). It's easier to get hit by the felyne than to get hit by the melynx.

note**
I've been a player of mh since the first gen ^_^

note***
You can get back your items even if they've already dug out of the map with it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back