Is Monster Hunter X worth it?

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
With the last release of DLC last October, there hasn't been any news for MH4 lol While browsing through facebook, a lot of players from MH4 jump shipped to MHX by either buying a jap DS and / or buying a jap copy.

From what I've been seeing around FB, MHX is like a compilation or what you can say an MH game which you can go to older MH games villages. Which is totally rad since it's like Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal which you can go to the Kanto region and see what happened there after 3 years lol

What do you guys think? Is MHX really worth the trouble of getting a jap system and game just to play it? Or wait for a localized release? lol

With the last release of DLC last October, there hasn't been any news for MH4 lol While browsing through facebook, a lot of players from MH4 jump shipped to MHX by either buying a jap DS and / or buying a jap copy.

From what I've been seeing around FB, MHX is like a compilation or what you can say an MH game which you can go to older MH games villages. Which is totally rad since it's like Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal which you can go to the Kanto region and see what happened there after 3 years lol

What do you guys think? Is MHX really worth the trouble of getting a jap system and game just to play it? Or wait for a localized release? lol
yes

Reactions: MMMs
the question isn't whether it's worth the Japanese stuff to play it, it's why haven't you thrown all your money at it already?

the question isn't whether it's worth the Japanese stuff to play it, it's why haven't you thrown all your money at it already?
Yeah.

I'll probably have to wait for a localized version, I don't have the money to grab a japanese system as well as the game. More than that, I probably wouldn't understand anything that's going on, which would really mar the experience for me. I'm just going to hope it gets localized sometimes next year, maybe after Fates comes out. As for the question of whether the game itself is worth it to get, then yes, it really is.

I'll probably have to wait for a localized version, I don't have the money to grab a japanese system as well as the game. More than that, I probably wouldn't understand anything that's going on, which would really mar the experience for me. I'm just going to hope it gets localized sometimes next year, maybe after Fates comes out. As for the question of whether the game itself is worth it to get, then yes, it really is.
If you could get homebrew on your system, you could bypass the region lock and download a fan translation to English.

Reactions: Valkyri
If you could get homebrew on your system, you could bypass the region lock and download a fan translation to English.

I could certainly try, but I'm sitting on a firmware that can only support Sky3DS right now as an entry point for me, so I don't really have the money to get that right now either! My best bet would probably be to try my best to stay on this firmware for a little bit and see what else people might be able to come up with. Thanks for the advice though -w-

Um this is a tough choice, let's see
YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS

Not really.

I have it but instead of playing it, I still play 4U. I don't say it's not good or anything, just that if you already have 4U, you can stick to it while waiting for MHX for the west (so you can play with friends instead of playing with people who speak another language you can't even read), and if you don't have 4U, then I don't see why you would get X in such a hurry since you're probably not an extreme MH fan :p

Back