Is New Leaf different or similar to DS/Wii Animal Crossing games?

• Thread starter SpeedR8cer5
  • Start date
SpeedR8cer5

SpeedR8cer5

Arm Cannon Fodder!
Towns Folk
Question....my daughter has the Wii and DS version of Animal Crossing, I am thinking about getting her "New Leaf" because she just got a 3ds Xl.....but wasn't sure if it was different enough for her or if it would be too close to her other versions and get bored quickly?

Question....my daughter has the Wii and DS version of Animal Crossing, I am thinking about getting her "New Leaf" because she just got a 3ds Xl.....but wasn't sure if it was different enough for her or if it would be too close to her other versions and get bored quickly?

I think it's definitely worth the purchase! The only other AC game I own is Wild World and New Leaf is heaps better.

-It looks tons better
-There are more villagers (some have been cut from this game, I think, but fan favourites like Stitches and Marshal still exist! And there are hamsters!) Also the villagers have different heights now! So ducks and elephants aren't the same height lol.
-There is more town customization, since you are the mayor there are buildings and things you can place around town.
-There is better character customization, since the character is taller you can wear pants and shirts as well as dresses. There is also the ability to design your own outfit or find one via the Internet (QR code outfits, you can also get paths, flags designs, sign designs this way)
-There is more to collect! I love collecting. There is more furniture to hoard, more fish and bugs to collect, there is also the ability to swim in this game so there is a whole new sea creature encyclopedia which is fabulous)
-The world is bigger. At least it feels bigger to me!
-There is an island, I can't remember if Wild World had an island... But here you can easily catch bugs and sharks to sell for a lot of bells and there are mini games! It's fun to play with friends
-There is online multiplayer! The online was cut on the DS and Wii so it's fun that New Leaf still has online capabilities to trade furniture and villagers. :)
-Oh and the game is actually played on the top screen of the 3DS! I hated playing the entire screen on the bottom.

There's probably more but I can't remember. I think I've listed enough to show that the games are different and New Leaf is worth the purchase!

Reactions: SpeedR8cer5
Wow, thank you for the very detailed response, I know you would have had my daughter at the inclusion of hamsters!....but it seems like there is such a HUGE update that she will definitely have a great time! Thank you for sharing you are definitely a big help! I might have to give it a whirl as well. I am always looking for something to play with my children and this definitely seems more interesting to me!

Reactions: Kiki
Of course I would say that Animal Crossing : New Leaf is a really great improvement in comparison to the previous installments . The interface and everything else about it really expands in a way that the fun never ends . Customization is really unique to everybody so I know that your daughter will have a great time with the game , also since she played the previous games :D

Animal Crossing New Leaf is very different from it's other games. In New Leaf, you can be a mayor and manage the town, and being mayor is awesome, who wouldnt't wanna be mayor?

In New Leaf, there is a main street where you have all your buildings and stuff so you can just go to the main street if you want to get anything done. Unlike wild world, if you want to go to 2 shops, its simple in New leaf but u gotta hunt down that shop in wild world

Back