AC:NL Is Redd a good guy or a bad guy? Please help me! ;~;

• Thread starter SpiderCider
  • Start date
SpiderCider

SpiderCider

Ahuhuhu~
Towns Folk
So I first saw the green tent and I was like, OMG! Redd's here! So I got in, but he started giggling after every sentence and acting strange. I got super suspicious, but I didn't have enough bells at the time, so I left. Next time I come, I make sure I have enough bells. Even though i'm suspicious I buy a painting that I liked. Now, i'm wondering if Redd is frauding or something. Can someone help me out here? Is Redd a good guy or a bad guy? PLEASE! I NEED TO KNOW! I would really appreciate it if someone would answer me.

he´s not bad or good, he´s just oportunist. beware whenever you buy stuff from him. I bought so many fake things from him but I also got an original painting so that´s my opinion.

Redd is Redd. Like the other user said, he's not inheritenly good or bad, it's always a gamble when you buy paintings from him. I believe everytime he's in town he only carries one real art piece with him, and the rest are frauds. While you can't donate frauds to the museum you can still hang them up in your home or sell them, so it's not a total loss if you make a mistake.

If you're worried about buying a fake piece you can always look up a guide! :) There are plenty online that will tell you how you can spot a fake piece and which pieces are always legitimate. That's what I do because Redd only lets you buy one piece at a time and I'm horrible at guessing. :p

Redd is Redd. Like the other user said, he's not inheritenly good or bad, it's always a gamble when you buy paintings from him. I believe everytime he's in town he only carries one real art piece with him, and the rest are frauds. While you can't donate frauds to the museum you can still hang them up in your home or sell them, so it's not a total loss if you make a mistake.

If you're worried about buying a fake piece you can always look up a guide! :) There are plenty online that will tell you how you can spot a fake piece and which pieces are always legitimate. That's what I do because Redd only lets you buy one piece at a time and I'm horrible at guessing. :p
Thank you very much Kiki and atomic_ian!

HE IS EVIL! EVIL I SAY EVIL!!!! why? do you sell fakes redd? why :( i want to finish the museum not be faked out by you you evil fox what look suspiciously like tails and wait... is redd tails?! omg this explains everything sanic ditched because he was to slow! so now he sells fake paintings! quick tell game theorist quick

Redd is definitely a bad guy but I find him adorable for some reason. Redd was annoying in every AC game apart from NL. In NL at least there are notable differences between real paintings and fakes. In the other games I usually have to rely on villagers giving / selling paintings

Lol , that's a good question . I think that altho he may seem bad at times cause he does try to scam you and he's a bit sneaky, I think he's more of a neutral character then anything. So I would say he's nether good nor bad , he's kinda just there so to speak. I have to say he still one of the cute characters tho in the game and I wish they would make fox type villagers cause it would be cool.

Redd is a neutral character in a way. Yes he does sell quite a few scam painting to you but in NL you can spot the difference like @Greedling said.

Personally, I like Redd's character, he's shady, funny and cute :D You just gotta be careful about what you buy..

Redd isn't really a bad guy per se, he's just... idk.

If you're thinking of buying something from him, remember 75% of his stuff is fake. You will still keep them, but you won't be able to donate them in the museum.

It's very easy to find a fake tho, you can use this for convenience: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/paintings-works-of-art

Hope I helped! Thanks!

I remember buying quite a few fake paintings form Redd before just looking up a guide on how to spot the fake. While it can be difficult because of the small size of the 3Ds' screen, it is possible to differentiate which are real and which are fake, just be careful, as they are quite expensive.

He's a good guy doing the wrong thing for a human or animal in his case reason. Money, he's more of a business man. In animal crossing you dont go broke or homeless, he isn't really doing something that is bad. Instead he is making money without hurting those around him. Even though it's not a great thing to do. Redd is still friendly, and as long as you look at a guide you cant really get scammed! So they arent so much like forgeries as they are funny twists on the original.

Reds just comes to your towns at random times and sells paintings but the thing is that he sells 1 real painting and the rest are fakes, so you have to make sure that you know your paintings or have a website that can help you tell between the fake and real ones. btw I know this is 2 years old

Every Monday (I think that’s his schedule, not sure), Redd will visit your town, and bring along paintings and art with him. He’s not nessecsrily a bad guy, but he definitely is shady, and will try to sell you a forgery if he can. The best way to deal with him is this:

All of the works of art in this game are based off of real art. So, if you want to buy something, I suggest you look up that piece of art online, and compare the differences. Forgeries will have very slight, and hard to see mistakes. If you catch one, then you know it’s a forgery.

Back