Is Super Smash Bros on 3DS worth it?

• Thread starter Lieshae
  • Start date
Lieshae

Lieshae

zelda fan :D
Towns Folk
Not sure if anyone is still active on here, but I got Smash Ultimate about 2 years ago I think? and I enjoyed it! Surprisingly I never tried it on the 3DS, and was going to get it from a giveaway a year ago, but I don't think they ever went through with it lol, so I was wondering if I should get it, or just stick to my Switch. I usually like bringing my 3DS on long car rides or when I'm not home (even though switch is portable, I don't really bring it anywhere) But for Smash on the 3DS I was wondering,
- is online still active?
- can I use download play so my friends who don't have the game can play with it?
- is it worth the getting if I have smash ultimate?
Thank you!! :)

1. Eh sort of but I went to Anther's Ladder and there's like no one. You can play with me if you get it though.
2. No but there's a demo that might have the same feature. Don't quote me on that.
3. If you don't pay for online yes. If you have good internet no. Most of the characters carried over and their movesets are very similar with some exceptions (Charizard, Ganondorf). There's very little to unlock and what there is to unlock is fairly easy to get aside from Streetpass challenges. It does have custom moves but Smash has about the same concept with Spirits why bother. It's cheaper and the feel is different but if you put it aside the one for Wii U there is some problems only in the 3DS one (darn Pikmin/low res). Oh yeah and there's Smash Run which is basically Shulk the game but only Local Multiplayer.

Reactions: Deepak
I would say no. Because i originally borrowed smash for 3ds and i got bored after a month. But ultimate is not that way as it has loads of content. I wouldn’t recommend buying the 3ds version as yiu already have the improved version. And as artisan said, theres a free demo with like 4 characters and 1 stage you cant try out.

It does have custom moves but Smash has about the same concept with Spirits why bother.
Spirits only boost your existing stats/moves. Custom Moves changes the move set depending on which move you change. Custom moves and Spirits are completely different. Now take that back. :eyes2:

Spirits only boost your existing stats/moves. Custom Moves changes the move set depending on which move you change. Custom moves and Spirits are completely different. Now take that back. :eyes2:
Custom moves are similar to existing moves in most cases and imo most aren't considered viable and weren't used much in competitive scenes so it doesn't matter. The equipment were like spirits and customs were it's own yes but I'd like to see you add customs to Ultimate and tell me if it improves the game. :eyes2: Just be happy with how the Miis turned out.

Yeah. As artisan said, the moves themselves are similar in concept but are executed differently. For example: yoshis custom moves include light egg roll or heavy egg roll. Personally i dont miss those very much. The spirits remind me more of the “power” boosting equipment in smash 3ds which can improve stuff like weight speed and stuff.

Reactions: Agentperson
Custom moves are similar to existing moves in most cases and imo most aren't considered viable and weren't used much in competitive scenes so it doesn't matter.
I don't think spirits are used either, but I don't follow the scene often enough to know.

Not sure if anyone is still active on here, but I got Smash Ultimate about 2 years ago I think? and I enjoyed it! Surprisingly I never tried it on the 3DS, and was going to get it from a giveaway a year ago, but I don't think they ever went through with it lol, so I was wondering if I should get it, or just stick to my Switch. I usually like bringing my 3DS on long car rides or when I'm not home (even though switch is portable, I don't really bring it anywhere) But for Smash on the 3DS I was wondering,
- is online still active?
- can I use download play so my friends who don't have the game can play with it?
- is it worth the getting if I have smash ultimate?
Thank you!! :)
I also agree with @Artisan on this one. I also have something to say about this game as well though.

You'll be better off with Smash Ultimate because it has a bigger playerbase, meaning you'll have lots of people to play with online, and the Nintendo Switch is portable and a home console, meaning you can use the LAN adapter at home as well or play on the go. If you want to play online, you'd be better off with the Wii U version. You see, the 3DS is a handheld device, meaning you're most likely to play via Wi-Fi. With the Wii U version, however, you can connect your Wii U to a LAN adapter (i think) since you're playing on a console that's commonly near your internet router. Altough Smash Ultimate removed some features, it has more fighters, Adventure mode, and most of the features from the 3DS version.

Stick to Smash Ultimate in my opinion. Active 3DS players are rare and, from my experience, online had issues, even with a strong internet connection. Controls are harder on a small console and there aren't any important features missing on switch. As for Download Play, I don't know, sorry.

Back