Votes: 7 58.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
FireyOrange

FireyOrange

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
I am here to tell you if the 2 ds is worth it. It does have gameplay for ds and 3ds games with all the feature. But it can't fold and has a 3d mode. Games need software downloads every time you get a game. Finally it has no stylus in stores so your stuck with only one. I think it is worth it if you like playing video games for the heck of it but if your trying to make videos with it, I'll pass.

Well, if you don't have anything from the 3DS family, I'd say it would be worth it (for homebrew/CFW)

Reactions: Mr. Kream
From what I heard, the 2DS was made in mind for kids, which explains the lack of the 3D feature. And two friends I know who had 2DS' (and I think someone on this site) had said that they found it to be comfortable to hold. But with my experience of finally holding one, I can't so say myself. So would I say is it worth it? I really don't care. Your money.

The 2ds is in fact very comfortable for those with large hands when compared against the other models and I like it a lot. The loss of 3d isn't very much of a loss because so few 3ds games make thorough use of it (Kid Icarus, a few Mario titles, maybe something new), and it's a nice option to have especially if you've used a 3ds and already know you won't make any use of the 3d feature.

My sister has it and honestly, it is fantastic. It feels nice to hold and for the price, why not? The only thing to lose is the 3d but in my opnion, the 3d is really crappy on both the 3ds and new 3ds anyways. The only reason not to get is if you want larger screens but honestly, it is not that bad anyways.

My sister has it and honestly, it is fantastic. It feels nice to hold and for the price, why not? The only thing to lose is the 3d but in my opnion, the 3d is really crappy on both the 3ds and new 3ds anyways. The only reason not to get is if you want larger screens but honestly, it is not that bad anyways.
The new 3DS has excellent head tracking in my opinion. True I never really use the 3D feature when I had a O3DS but now I do on the N3DS. Plus it has exclusives.

When the 2ds first came out i spoke " That is so ugly, who would even buy that, the dsi xl is so much beautifully made and the wonderful hedges." The time it came out i've never even owned a 3ds system, and honestly i've never played with one till yesterday, i did test them all 3 too. I've tested the ones in the store for a short while. Guess what i have? I have a 2ds, and it's not because i cant afford the 3dxl (because i certainly can) I love the 2ds and i come to love it because of it figure and it comfortable position. That moment i only loved it for those features but i notice games are more clear on the 2ds. My cousin a person who owns a 3dsxl told me so and other friends told me the same. I only borrow a game for now. I dont own any games for now, cant afford them at this moment after all the Christmas gift i bought for my family member's and bf. but here are some pros and cons (not in order 2ds: : cant close, smaller then 3dxl, same screen size of 3ds, reslution is somewhat a little clearer then 3dsxl (because 3dsxl stretches game (done with research) ), 2ds is more upgraded system then the 3ds, screens are small.

do you own an ipad/tablet in general?, now think about it 2ds isnt really horrid is it? i honestly think it isnt.
i mean they all WORK the same?!? i also bought a 2ds incase when a new updated hand held come out (not NEW 3dsxl) another one better then that, i can buy it because it will have a strong processor and graphic
This is my basic reason i suggest you should get a 2ds

Well it really depend on your affordabilty if you really can get 3ds xl ,i will just say go for it after all it have all those feature in it which nintedo 2ds dont have .

But if you can not afford it go for nintendo 2ds ,it dont have many features but still it is quite good.

Well think you should buy the new 3ds xl instead of the 2ds. If the new 3ds xl never existed I say buy the 2ds because I never use the 3d effect on the 3ds. The new 3ds xl can play the 3ds games and its the biggest ds of them all right now. So what I'm saying right now. Buy the new 3ds xl instead of the 2ds

Why would you ever buy this? Like honestly, now with the New 3ds, you can use amiibo. And plus most of the games are soon to be only on the New 3ds. If they make a new 2ds I'll lose all hope

I can go both ways, it's worth it if your sensitive to the 3D feature and sick easily using it but wish to to play the new games.

It's not worth it if you already bought the 3DS and and bought it so you don't have to use the 3D because you can turn off the 3D so it plays like it would on the 2Ds.

So all in all its good and bad. Depending on the situation. (Though I would get the 2Ds for a little kid who would most likely break the 3DS...)

I think if you're hardly a user of the actual 3D effect, and have a budget to stick with, then the 2DS is worth it. It's kinda like a brick, and might not fit into a pocket (unless you have large ones) so that may be an issue. The 2DS was pretty much designed for the younger audience, but intended for adults who experience dizziness/sensitivity from the 3D - if you're one of these people, the handheld may be ideal for you. It reminds me of a gameboy. xD

I think if you're hardly a user of the actual 3D effect, and have a budget to stick with, then the 2DS is worth it. It's kinda like a brick, and might not fit into a pocket (unless you have large ones) so that may be an issue. The 2DS was pretty much designed for the younger audience, but intended for adults who experience dizziness/sensitivity from the 3D - if you're one of these people, the handheld may be ideal for you. It reminds me of a gameboy. xD
I would agree with mikaya in this case. If you want to go with the cheapest option, go for the 2ds. I personally did not because all I see when i look at a 2ds are all of it's flaws, and all of the future problems i could have from it versus a 3ds or another console. I do this with every console or mobile gaming devise I want before i buy it. Compare it to it's best competition, or to another model. In my opinion, I simply saw i would have much more problems with a 2ds than a 3ds XL, so i went with a 3ds XL. A 2ds is great for kids though, and it's only a little more expensive than a regular DS lite. If your worried about current budget, go for the 2ds. If you are worried about future problems, I recommend making a T chart and comparing it to a 3DS. In this case, I still went with No, because i saw more flaws in it than a 3ds XL, and so far i have proved to have made the right choice.

Back