• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date

Should I keep my 2DS or should I trade it for a 3DS

• Total voters
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
So on a Christmas a couple of years ago I got the 2DS and I had a lot of bad vibes rushing through my body at the time, my mom told me it was just like the 3DS but smaller but she showed me no pictures or reveiws, I wanted the thing so I could play on the go but then I got it and now I just have the thing in my room. But recently the Canadian version of GameStop, EB Games, told me that I can trade my 2DS for a 3DS with a small fee but I'm still thinking about it, what do you guys think?

Trade for a 3DS... but an old one or a New one?

If old, keep your 2DS. The only differences are the look, the feel (buttons are more clicky on the regular 3DS systems) and the 3D (which is unusable on old 3DS except during cutscenes, so you shouldn't care a lot about it).

If New, then you can consider switching. 3D is usable, it adds a C-Stick that is unusable by default but that can be modded with a PSP cap, it is faster, it doesn't reboot when exiting MH4U, Smash or MHX, etc.

Yeah, I was pretty much gonna say exactly what she did. Also, did you consider selling it on eBay or Amazon or something? Two years isn't bad, and as long as you took care of it (or didn't use it very much) it should still be in pretty good condition for selling. You can always replace any buttons or pads that might not be working well. If you still have the box, that would be better. You might be able to make a few buck more than whatever GameStop has to offer. FYI: I bought the 3ds XL, and I love it. It feels great while your playing, it's a heck of a lot easier to slip into a pocket than a 2ds, and it has a closeable top, protecting the face of the screens. The only thing I don't care for on it is the 3D, which makes me feel a little sick after about an hour of using it. Other than that, it's great. If I were you, I would wait, save up your money, and once you have a decent amount of money, sell your 2ds so you can afford a new 3ds XL

Just switch. Have a foldable over a doorstop

If old, keep your 2DS. The only differences are the look, the feel (buttons are more clicky on the regular 3DS systems) and the 3D (which is unusable on old 3DS except during cutscenes, so you shouldn't care a lot about it).
Or portability :p (when walking around the mall for example).

Or portability :p (when walking around the mall for example).
Lol, I didn't take it into account for a lot of stupid reasons.
First one is that I always have a bag with me, so a 2DS fits there as well as a 3DS or a 3DS XL.
Second one is that I always have too many things in my pockets so even if I didn't have a bag, a 3DS (even not XL) would not be a better candidate than a 2DS to fit in my pockets.
And third one is that I often have more than 1 system in my bag, and even though 1 system could probably fit in my pockets, 2 is completely out of question.

But yeah, these stupid reasons apply to me and not necessarily other people, so it's good to mention portability indeed :D

Reactions: randysilverwolf and Marc
It's worth it if:

1. It's a limited edition. The crystal blue and red ones were the best 2DS releases.
2. You don't really mind the lack of 3D function
3. You just want to play the latest Nintendo handheld games for almost half the price
4. You're willing to pay for another ++bucks for the amiibo NFC reader to maximize gameplay in Happy Home Designer. :p

I got it for free when I traded in my DS Lite, on GameStop, but it annoys me so much that it can't fold up and it doesn't have 3D because unlike most people, I actually really like the 3D features. Somebody know if I can trade it in with a 3ds for less than $12?

Like Hay said, if it's for an O3DS, keep your 2DS, if it's for a N3DS, then trade.

Literally, portability is the only thing the O3DS has against the 2DS (and, uh, people actually go out whilr playing?) Considering that 3D is pretty much worthless, especially on O3DS, and the 2DS is more durable overall.

Well, I'm going to have to get rid of my 2DS, the thing's broken.

I agree 2ds is not a good system.
But everything is good and bad.
Keep it for a little time.
If game cards dont work buy digitally.
Buying digitally from eshop is good idea.
If buying digitally doesnt work, obviously sell it.
Ther are good features.
We can listen music.
Open youtube and internet on it.
We can take pictures.

If you want a 3d screen and/or portability, definitely trade it.
If you are fine with the 2D screen and it being big, i think you should keep the 2DS.

Definitely trade it if you are getting the New 3DS instead of the old one, it's really worth it!

If you haven't traded it in, trade it for a new 3ds. The loading times are a lot faster on the N3ds. If you like the 3d function, then getting this is better because it now detects your head so that the 3d function is less of a headache

Back