Is the NX or NS The 3DS Killer

• Thread starter bobby wobby
  • Start date
bobby wobby

bobby wobby

Youtuber
Towns Folk
The NX or as it was formally known as dor the rest if this I will be calling it the NS(NintendoSwitch)I love the 3ds,but Nintendo Is trying to out do themselves by makibg a system for home and for travel.I personally hate this cuz again I love the 3Ds and I dont want to see it go downhill.I personally hate te NS cuz it is so gimmicky,Nintendo has always had their gimmicks such as the wii but this is too much.Tell me what u think.

I highly doubt their motive for the Switch is too in effect remove the 3DS or the Wii U. I think that Nintendo is constantly upgrading as the world is. On that note, Nintendo wants the most for their customer's enjoyment in what they make but they also want to make sure the customer gets the full experience in everything they produce, besides the Nintendo Switch only in effect removes the 3DS if you let it. Nobody says you can't play both, I still play the Nintendo Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and my 3DS, and will probably only add the Switch to that list eventually as well so a system only really dies if you let it. That's my opinion.

Reactions: spagooti
The Switch isn't gimmicky at all. It is pretty much a normal console. The "gimmick" is that it's a portable and home console in one. I kinda doubt the Nintendo will stop production on 3ds's ans it's games for a while too. I don't think it's the death of the 3ds at all.

If anything the 3ds is doing great. They are still able to sell the special editions of the console with relative ease. In fact I never got a Fates N3ds because it ran out. Before it even came out. It won't kill the 3ds at all.

The 3DS will still have some life left in it by the time the Switch is out, and depending on the lineup of games + battery life taking settings into account the Switch might end up either becoming a valid option of handheld gaming alongside the 3DS or at worst could wind up being less impressive.

Then you have to take into account that according to rumour, you won't be able to play 3DS games on the Switch. If true then there's even more reason the Switch won't simply swallow up what's left of the 3DS. In my opinion it will turn out to be the best complimentary system to the 3DS because it will likely have all the perks a console system gets (like Wii/Wii U VC titles) but be portable like the 3DS.

I'd say so, yeah. Both Wii U killer and 3DS killer.

Wii U sales are dead, and the 3DS has slowed down significantly, and has way outdated hardware. The Switch can afford an option as portable as th 3DS and more powerful than the Wii U, so development will of course move towards it. After that, we can expect remaining 3DS sales to collapse.

There are still some games left for the 3DS... But they're very small titles with no ambition, so that's really nothing.

I'm pretty sure they said the switch is not meant to kill the 3ds n any way

Why would Nintendo purposely kill their own console? :p They're going to keep selling 3ds consoles and games until people stop buying them; meaning the only ones who can make the 3ds die out is us. Even then, nothing is stopping you from playing your old consoles, just like people still play their SNES or N64 that they had. Now the Wii U... That'll probably be outclassed by the Switch easily. Poor Wii U.
Oh, and I think people will be playing the 3ds for at least another year because of the new Pokemon titles.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I just hope that the nx won't shut down any more plans for more 3ds game titles.

I believe switch is a way to appeal to hardcore games and casuals alike, while standing the competition of XB1 and PS4, something wii u couldn't do. The wii u is starting to fade away but the 3DS has some things planned for it this year. The 3DS is far from ded as of right now. Nintendo knows it is a good consle and many people bought it thx to the DS's popularity. Enjoy the 3DS while you can, it will last at least 2017.

It's going to , the 3DS is really getting up there in age and Nintendo wants everyone to move forward to buy their new system. They will give us a few games here and there , but unless the switch completely bombs the switch will take over . It's like when they said the DS was a third pillar and wouldn't replaced the GBA. They said that because they weren't sure if the DS would take off , but it did so it replaced the GBA.

Reactions: Blue Knight and coolflare
I'd say the Nintendo Switch will pretty much kill off the Wii U but the 3DS might have a year or two left. That being said, I can't see them trying too hard on the 3DS - they did say that the NS would be the 3rd console they have but it's clear that Wii U is over and the 3DS will be on it's way out soon, much quicker is the Switch does really kick off. I'd expect a few good games for this year but I cannot see them supporting 3DS into 2018 because it makes more sense to really put 100% focus on Switch.

I'd say the Nintendo Switch will pretty much kill off the Wii U but the 3DS might have a year or two left. That being said, I can't see them trying too hard on the 3DS - they did say that the NS would be the 3rd console they have but it's clear that Wii U is over and the 3DS will be on it's way out soon, much quicker is the Switch does really kick off. I'd expect a few good games for this year but I cannot see them supporting 3DS into 2018 because it makes more sense to really put 100% focus on Switch.
I agree. There's no way the 3DS would die off immediately, but the Switch will be the #1 priority in the long run. Once the Switch gets a decent library of games, there won't be very many reasons to get a 3DS. It sounds like the Switch will have the ability to play Pokemon and even select Gamecube games. Many people would buy the Switch for those games alone.

In a year or 2, rip 3DS

I'd almost say it's dead now. Not quite, but almost. There aren't very many games still comming up for it, and the ammount of small cheap eshop titles being produced is almost zero. I think it still has some good stuff left ahead of it yet, but it's definitely on its last legs, and is about to fall.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I'd almost say it's dead now. Not quite, but almost. There aren't very many games still comming up for it, and the ammount of small cheap eshop titles being produced is almost zero. I think it still has some good stuff left ahead of it yet, but it's definitely on its last legs, and is about to fall.
Very true. I'm still gonna lug around my 3DS and switch together for a while

I completely disagree with this. The switch is a new console, but it is not having the games nintendo 3ds has, such as super mario 3d land, chibi robot and many more. Besides, Nintendo has announced a big lineup of games coming to the 3ds (only). I still think the 3ds has the potential to be really well planted on the market.

Back