Is the sonic franchise dead?

• Thread starter LoruleanNerd
  • Start date
LoruleanNerd

LoruleanNerd

A Weird and Wonderful Yokai Watch Fanboy!!!
Towns Folk
Over the past week or so, I've been thinking, pondering, and researching about this question. There was no direct answer. Some said it was, some said it wasn't, some said SEGA should just end Sonic. And with Sonic Boom Fire and Ice coming out, I'm extremely worried about the path the franchise is heading down. I don't think sonic is dead. I believe the opposite. Sadly, sonic is turning into a milked franchise. The problem is we fans say,"We need more chao" and "Sonic Adventure 3", But do we really want that? Sonic may be dying, but if so, it's our fault. I'm not saying we're causing the problems, it's SEGA that tries to fix something, but ends up breaking something else. What I mean by that is, one fan wants motion controls. Okay, Let's put them in. Sega doesn't know where to put them, and they work it in as best they can. It's just as hard for them as it is for us. We can't all be pleased, and they can't please everyone. So what are your thoughts? Is sonic Dying? Is he Dead? Can he be Ressurected?
By LoruleanNerd
3ds FC 3883-7732-1179

Sonic isn't dead. He's so popular that I'm sure that he'll be remembered even a hundred years later - mentioned in entertainment history books if nothing else. Unfortunately, like Metallica and The Simpsons, he's seen as hackneyed because he's never been as good as he was in his first few games and there's been little change to his (overly bright) character.

It isn't the fans' fault, it never is; fans keep buying his games, don't they? They're free to say what they like or what they want. Game devs don't make huge changes over what one fan wants, and no matter what fans want, it's always up to the dev to make a game that's enjoyable whether or not it's according to the stuff the fans wanted.

To be honest, the Sonic Franchise is not dead. Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "dead". If you mean no more games, that is not true at all. Games are still being released for Sonic including Sonic Boom Fire and Ice. Now, if you mean the fact that none of the games are good now, I think that's true. And the fans really do matter to Sega, Sega just has trouble putting in the fan ideas. But yeah man, I agree, it really is dead.

It is. 1 of the worst sonic games (sonic boom) is getting a sequel on the 3ds and surprisingly not the wii u. What makes me mad is it is their fault they made the wii u version much worse with its glitchs and bad graphics. Sonic is truly dead if the game is put at the hands of the developers forever who made sonic boom. Honestly, sega really needs to get suggestions from their fanbase and get a new developer for sonic, hopefully, they get a new developer soon and make a wii u version of a sonic game because sonic was meant to be played on a home console.

The main problem is how stupid sega has been and with a new developer, I think if they made any other sonic games, it will hopefully be good.

He is not dead. As far as we know, he'll still have games made in the future. The Sonic franchise at this point is hit-or-miss. Surely, the future will future will see more better games. Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal was a good game. We can only hope that Fire and Ice will be the same and after that, SEGA can not only focus on other great franchises of theirs but also return Sonic to his former glory.

I saw the Blue Blur at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I doubt that Sega will intentionally kill their beloved mascot. I wish the same can be said about my favorite character . . . :(

I saw the Blue Blur at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I doubt that Sega will intentionally kill their beloved mascot. I wish the same can be said about my favorite character . . . :(
Of course they wouldn't. Sonic is the face of SEGA. All they have to do is improve him.

And why are you always playing this somewhat pronoun game? We all know it's Cream dude.

Of course they wouldn't. Sonic is the face of SEGA. All they have to do is improve him.

And why are you always playing this somewhat pronoun game? We all know it's Cream dude.

I have my reason on not being too obvious.

Over the past week or so, I've been thinking, pondering, and researching about this question. There was no direct answer. Some said it was, some said it wasn't, some said SEGA should just end Sonic. And with Sonic Boom Fire and Ice coming out, I'm extremely worried about the path the franchise is heading down. I don't think sonic is dead. I believe the opposite. Sadly, sonic is turning into a milked franchise. The problem is we fans say,"We need more chao" and "Sonic Adventure 3", But do we really want that? Sonic may be dying, but if so, it's our fault. I'm not saying we're causing the problems, it's SEGA that tries to fix something, but ends up breaking something else. What I mean by that is, one fan wants motion controls. Okay, Let's put them in. Sega doesn't know where to put them, and they work it in as best they can. It's just as hard for them as it is for us. We can't all be pleased, and they can't please everyone. So what are your thoughts? Is sonic Dying? Is he Dead? Can he be Ressurected?
By LoruleanNerd
3ds FC 3883-7732-1179
unfortunately the sonic franchise is not dead but it should die!!! it a terrible game with horrible gameplay and a depressing dumb story. the characters are trash just take sonic out of his misery sega. RIP SONIC

I think he's been dead post & Knuckles. The series was much simpler when there was less characters. (characters as: cleavage jewel thief, pink hedgehog fan girl, black antihero robot hedgehog, Bella Hudson's purple cat, white telekinetic hedgehog, and Peter rabbit did not help the series.)

I believe the Sonic franchise is going downhill very fast (no pun intended) and I believe it all points to the fact Sega has not been pouring in enough care into their Sonic games and another thing is that they don't give themselves enough time to design the overall game itself, and I feel that's whats driving Sonic to his downfall (I mean when spinoff racing games are one of the characters high points, you gotta start questioning Sega's choices).

I don't really care about Sonic games, I don't even play them in the least (gave it a try on Colors and Generations, but I guess it just wasn't my thing) but it seems to be going through being a franchise zombie.

It should be left to sleep for a while, SEGA has many other franchises that should be worked upon instead.

After the Sonic Boom fiasco, I was sure that Sonic was finally going down the drain, but apparently Sega has some steam left in them. I was quite shocked after the reveal of Sonic Forces, but I am concerned that, much like Sonic Boom, it will fall extremely short of the high goals set by the trailers.

@Wariomovie, It only grossed me out, and it re-assured me my dis-approval was well directed. (No good sonic game came out after & Knuckles.)

Back