Is the Wii Still With us?

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
G MAN

G MAN

NYEH HEH HEH!
Towns Folk
There is no doubt in anyone's mind that the Wii was a massive hit. You owned one. Your grandparents had one. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if your dog had one. These things were the BOMB in 2006. Now that many have moved on to its predecessor, the Wii U, does it still hold up? Absolutely. For about $50 used, this system had it all. New technology, new physics, new great games, and one of the most diverse fan bases of all time. From Your Uncle Sans to your little sister Frisk, everyone owned this thing. Wii Sports was packaged with all systems at launch, and was a perfect game for casual and competitive gamers alike. For intense battles, call some friends over and Smash it out with 3rd Part Characters such as The Blue Hedgehog and Metal Gear's slithery Snake. Although the "Meta" game was broken(See what I did there), this game was no doubt tons of fun. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was the first console 2D mario game since Mario World, and borrowed a lot from its older siblings. But honestly, can you really go wrong with that? If you didn't feel like upgrading because your GameCube was good enough, well no worries! With backwards compatibility, There is NO limit to the fun, new or old. I really hope you guys don't forget the old white brick on your shelf, because I sure won't.

I love my wii (Mostly because I only have a 2DS and a wii)

My wii is homebrewed, so I use it all the time for the emulators I have installed.

MK wii will forever be with me (Probably because I added over 500 Tracks)

Reactions: G MAN
My brother also has emulators and mods on our original Wii, so we keep it for that purpose. However, I don't use either of those things, and the Wii's successor (its predecessor would be the Gamecube) has backwards compatibility. Therefore, if I ever feel the need to use a Wii game for any reason (like not having Wii Sports Club :cry:), I'll just use the Wii U.

P.S: The Wii still has one other use. I have Gamecube games, but I no longer have a Gamecube. So, if I ever want to play those games, I'll need the Wii.

Last edited:
Reactions: G MAN
Back