Is there going to be Paid DLC for ACNH and what do you think it'll include?

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
So, on the official game page for animal crossing it shows E as the rating and it also shows, comic mischief, users interact and in game purchases. Originally i thought the in game purchases referred to nintendo switch online, but it doesnt show "in game purchases" in the rating for games like mariokart 8 deluxe and super mario maker 2 whereas it's shown in the rating for pokemon sw/sh. Nintendo announced the pokemon dlc earlier this year and this has been the first time for there to be paid dlc for a pokemon game. So, they are doing the same for animal crossing. So my question is, how will paid dlc work for animal crossing? What will it include? Will people buy it? And will they be releasing paid dlc as early as next month? I'm really hoping some key features like diving and cafe dont end up as paid dlc.

maybe some items will be added as DLC! I was thinking something like the "stuff packs" that they have for the sims wherein all the items have a certain theme/motif to them.

Reactions: Deepak
maybe some items will be added as DLC! I was thinking something like the "stuff packs" that they have for the sims wherein all the items have a certain theme/motif to them.
I thought of that, but coudnt you trade with people online and get it for free? I dont think nintendo would make it so people with dlc cant play with people without dlc.

If they did, it could be animated items like in Pocket Camp. Ones that villagers would interact with. They could just make them untradeable.

Hopefully not, I don't think Animal crossing is the type of game to have dlc, but who knows?

Hopefully not, I don't think Animal crossing is the type of game to have dlc, but who knows?
thats what i thought for pokemon until recently...

So, on the official game page for animal crossing it shows E as the rating and it also shows, comic mischief, users interact and in game purchases. Originally i thought the in game purchases referred to nintendo switch online, but it doesnt show "in game purchases" in the rating for games like mariokart 8 deluxe and super mario maker 2 whereas it's shown in the rating for pokemon sw/sh. Nintendo announced the pokemon dlc earlier this year and this has been the first time for there to be paid dlc for a pokemon game. So, they are doing the same for animal crossing. So my question is, how will paid dlc work for animal crossing? What will it include? Will people buy it? And will they be releasing paid dlc as early as next month? I'm really hoping some key features like diving and cafe dont end up as paid dlc.
I don't think there's gonna be any paid Dlc. If paid Dlc were to exist, you can just visit someone else's island that has the dlc, and experience it without paying

I don't think there's gonna be any paid Dlc. If paid Dlc were to exist, you can just visit someone else's island that has the dlc, and experience it without paying
What sort of dlc? Example?

Yeah, if there was dlc it would be items, which can’t really be enjoyed unless they are owned. All visiting other people with the dlc items would accomplish is making you envious, and that’s exactly what Nintendo would want.

Granted, at this stage I’m not too sure they’ll ever do it in the near future. Maybe next year or whenever they run out of ideas.

Back