Mario Kart Is This a Glitch or a Cheat?

• Thread starter Kingly93
  • Start date
Kingly93

Kingly93

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I love Mariokart 7, especially when playing multiplayer! Although, everytime I play online, there are always the players that seem to glitch their way throughout the race. If they were to crash into an object that is part of the course, or fall off of the track, they would just glitch back on track like nothing happened. Another thing is that they wouldn't even have to touch a "?" block to get an item. All they have to do is just drive by them, and they automatically get an item. While all of the other players are doing all of that, I'm over crashing into walls, falling off tracks, and it takes forever for me to get back on track. If this is some glitch appearantly everyone knows how to do, then y'all should fill me in! It would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds more like cheating than a glitch MARIO kart 7 is older so u would think any glitches would be patched by now so I honestly think it's more than likely cheating

Sounds more like cheating than a glitch MARIO kart 7 is older so u would think any glitches would be patched by now so I honestly think it's more than likely cheating
Oh, I still win a lot, so the cheaters mist be really awful at actually playing the game :D! Thank you for the notice!

I love Mariokart 7, especially when playing multiplayer! Although, everytime I play online, there are always the players that seem to glitch their way throughout the race. If they were to crash into an object that is part of the course, or fall off of the track, they would just glitch back on track like nothing happened. Another thing is that they wouldn't even have to touch a "?" block to get an item. All they have to do is just drive by them, and they automatically get an item. While all of the other players are doing all of that, I'm over crashing into walls, falling off tracks, and it takes forever for me to get back on track. If this is some glitch appearantly everyone knows how to do, then y'all should fill me in! It would be greatly appreciated!
What you are describing sounds more of a problem of lag rather than cheating or glitches

What you are describing sounds more of a problem of lag rather than cheating or glitches
It has happened most of the time tho, and multiplayer gameplay on other 3DS games go smoothly for me

It has happened most of the time tho, and multiplayer gameplay on other 3DS games go smoothly for me
Again, it migth be a connection problem (lag), not necessarily from your system, or your wi-fi, but also from the other player's wi-fi (specially in a game where 8 players are playing at the same time)

Those "falling and coming back" isn't cheating, is that the game prediction system thought the player fell, but when updated the player status, realized that the player never felt and put the model where it should be
(more detailed info here)

Believe me, the fact that the "cheater" didn't win is an absolute proof that they are not cheating. (There are cheat codes that can force a first place result for the cheater no matter what happens in the race)

This is how cheating actually looks like

Use basic logic: Why would there be a cheat code to not break a question block when passing through one in mario kart 7, and why would someone ever use it?

The crashing into an object or falling and then appearing back into the track like nothing sounds more like lag with the prediction system of the servers.

Have you ever played Minecraft with people with terrible internet? Have you ever seen them just randomly teleporting all over the place without reason? That is what is happening here

Reactions: TerraKnight
I've seen that happen while spectating waiting for a race online. I assume it's just lag since I've having seen racers do that while in a race with them. When I see people cheat in Mario kart 7 it's mostly just item cheats were they would repeatedly put bombs on the track to slow the others down.

This sounds like cheating, but there is also the potential that it could be lag or something of that sort. The 3DS is kind of old, so lag seems much more of a possibility than glitches. Then again, cheating is also a distinct possibility concerning the fact that this game has been out for more than 5 years.

Back