It's finally been confirmed. People do eat Pokemon

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The question has been raised many times and we never really had confirmation on whether people eat Pokemon or not.

Similar to animals in real life, a lot of us thought people in the anime and games would not be different and eat Pokemon. I did not doubt the idea of that happening, but it's not really something I've thought about for too long.

It's finally been confirmed thanks to the Sword & Shield games that people do indeed eat Pokemon.

dFv46sp.jpg

In the image above, you can see the dish known as Smoke-Poke Tail.
One of the many ingredients that can be used for cooking at your camp. When a Slowpoke’s tail falls off, it grows back quickly.
Apparently it's made with Slowpoke's tail.

What do you think about this? :eek:

Uhm... There's been several instances dotted in various pokemon media that has implied that Pokemon have either been a direct, or indirect, source of nutrition for humans. Slowpoke Tail itself being one of them ever since Generation II, albeit indicated as illegal.

Reactions: Jisenku, Hibiki_Kuze and Marc
No wonder so many Pokemon were cut, the Galarians turned them all into curry :rolleyes:

Uhm... There's been several instances dotted in various pokemon media that has implied that Pokemon have either been a direct, or indirect, source of nutrition for humans.
It's referenced in DPPt too:
"Sinnoh Folk Story 1"Pick clean the bones of Pokémon caught in the sea or stream.Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick their bones clean.When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.The Pokémon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew.
Granted it's less explicit than full on showing Slowpoke's tail in curry.

Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
It's referenced in DPPt too:

Which is fair. I picked Slowpoke tail as an early (if not earliest) instance from the games. There's also Moomoo Milk from Miltanks, Cherubi's berries being listed as tasty in the Pokedex, Blissey and Chansey's dex entries listing their eggs as being nutritional, and even Basculin's dex entries sometimes note that they are tasty, implying that humans have eaten them.

Reactions: Jisenku and Hibiki_Kuze
Hi, can I get the Slowpoke special?

*Slaughters Slowpoke in front of you*

Yeah... never mind

So all Team Rocket did in Johto and Team Skull in Alola wanted to do was cook something? What's the SlowpokeTail description anyway?

Reactions: Jisenku
Just that Slowpoke tail is tasty and that it sells for a high price. For what it's worth, Slowpoke is noted in some dex entries to naturally drop its tail and regrow it later. I suppose Team Rocket actively harvesting them from the Slowpoke is the issue.

Reactions: Jisenku
Back