Its now possible to buy eShop games from a Web Browser!

• Thread starter megamanlego
  • Start date
megamanlego

megamanlego

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Nintendo just updated their website, making possible to buy digital games (1st party only it seems), directly from your PC, or really anything else that can access that link: http://www.nintendo.com/games !
There is even an option to choose if you want to link the game directly to your NNID, auto downloading the game when you turn on the system (definitely happens on Wii U, not sure on the 3DS), or just get a code to redeem later.
What do you think about it?

Reactions: Kaynil
I like the way Nintendo is going about making everything connected. First the NNIDs, web browser Miiverse integration and now being able to install and purchase games from anywhere. I honestly think Nintendo is doing a great job, maybe even better than Microsoft and Sony. They started hard, but now implementations are going here and there with no warning.

Reactions: Kaynil
I like it too.

I think they should also add eShop funds from your balance as a payment method. I sort of knew that they would have restricted credit/debit cards to the United States and Canada only, similar to the eShop >.<'

Another thing that will be cool is if they they add eShop cards (digital delivery), :cat:

Reactions: CaptainWiggy, dwikrid, 3dsatackman and 1 other person
Another thing that will be cool is if they they add eShop cards (digital delivery), :cat:

That would be awesome, being able to buy eShop cards without fees :eek:
Still the taxes here (without my online job) are worst, and I'm no longer able to afford them :facepalm:

I hope they also add an update for the Wii U, so you can buy the game from your phone, redeem it online and the Wii U start downloading it on stand-by, once back, you will saved some time :headphone:

@Marc that would hurt eShop card (re)seller, though. But as a buyer, that would be an awesome option! Still I couldn't buy those since I have no credit card, that pricey piece of metal/plastic in my country.

The best option now is that we are able to buy game code directly, so we may give those as a gift :cat:

Reactions: Marc
This is really good and helpful,an online downloading thing because the 3ds speed is a little slow when downloading massive games such as pokemon x and y.

I discovered it some days ago. In my opinion it is a great thing especially if you want to give a game to a friend. I was looking foward to it.

Back