Bravely Default It's Possible To Turn Random Encounters Off in Bravely Default

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It appears there is still hope for me getting this game. According to Siliconera (see here), Bravely Default: For the Sequel will have a random encounter slider in its options menu, :love:

You see, I'm getting a little tired of games with random encounters that you just can't avoid. Pokemon has this lovely item called Max Repel and you can actually see the demons on the map in Shin Megami Tensei IV (Tales and the Abyss too) to easily avoid 'em, hence the reason why I'm fine with those. The chances of me getting Bravely Default would have been very low if it didn't have something like this.

What are your thoughts about this?

Well, that option is good for people uneasy with random encounter. Yet I think that it's a classic RPG move and I find myself have no trouble with that. Aaaaand there is Escape option that lets you escape battle (with high succession percentage if your level is far higher. Or in SMT: Strange Journey case, there's Autoplay).

And @Marc, what will happen if we set that random encounter rate to 100%? Will we get encounter every one step? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Aaaaand there is Escape option that lets you escape battle (with high succession percentage if your level is far higher.
I know but it starts to get annoying when I encounter low level enemies over and over again. For example, if I missed an item in the game and I want to go back to "X" (area with low level enemies) to collect it.

Other than that, I don't really have a problem with random encounters, :oops:
And @Marc, what will happen if we set that random encounter rate to 100%? Will we get encounter every one step? :eek:
I'm not sure but people might take advantage of it for grinding.

I know but it starts to get annoying when I encounter low level enemies over and over again. For example, if I missed an item in the game and I want to go back to "X" (area with low level enemies) to collect it.

Other than that, I don't really have a problem with random encounters, :oops:

Happened to me in SMT: Strange Journey. The chance was slim enough, and when I finally found and killed the enemy, I got nothing. :cry:

But as I understand from non-random encounter RPG you mention first, the enemy you want to fight won't always appear.

Well, I think SQEX serves more gamers with different preferences ;)

Back