Iv Training.... Confused... Help Pwease?

• Thread starter Hey_Its_Jay
  • Start date
Hey_Its_Jay

Hey_Its_Jay

Jay
Towns Folk
So Ive Played Pokemon Since Sinnoh Region Came Out But Ive Played Every Single Pokemon Game hehe Well... That Said... Ive Obviously Battled Online Thousands Of Time And Ive Noticed That Some People Have These Packed Pokemon With Abnormal Stats Like Umm... Well My Gliscor HAS 343 Of Speed And Some Sceptile Passed That... I Was Like Shocked Cause I Iv Train All My Pokemon But No Matter How Hard I Try I Always Get Surpassed By Someone Else... Well I Was Just Wondering If Im Iv Training Right... I Started Iv Training Like 5 Months Ago So This Is What I Got

Breed A Pokemon With The Ivs U Want With A Good Iv'd Ditto, The Baby Should PROBABLY have Both The Ivs The Parents Have.

Give Them A Brace To Hold, To The Mother With A Good Nature That Ur Looking For So The Ivs For A Specific Stat Can Be Passed Down

Super Training Iv Trains 2 Of Ur Stas To The Max

Friend Safari Pokemon Have 2 Max Ivs Each One

Thats All I Got.... So Umm... Can Someone Tell Me If I Got Something Wrong? Or A Better Method And Give Me The Process Cause My Mind Is Like..... Dying XD

Thankz In Advanced :)

Attachments

• loading....jpg
    loading....jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm not sure if this will help, but I have a parent pokemon hold a destiny knot to pass down 5 ivs from the parents. Then I've the other parent hold an everstone to pass down a specific nature. I rarely use power items to pass ivs.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I have a parent pokemon hold a destiny knot to pass down 5 ivs from the parents. Then I've the other parent hold an everstone to pass down a specific nature. I rarely use power items to pass ivs.

Oh Soo Thts What the Destiny Knot Was For U Did Help Thx :) But Im Still Rather Confused....

Regarding the Gliscor vs Sceptile part, Gliscor will never outspeed Sceptile naturally as Gliscor base Speed stat is 95, while Sceptile is 120, the only way Gliscor could outspeed Sceptile is for strange reason the Sceptile wasn't invested in Speed. If you're ever unsure about your IVs, you can use an IV calculator or talk to the stat judge in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center, you'll want to be looking for "outstanding" and "those stats can't be beat", if a stat "can't be beat", its a perfect IV (31).

Regarding the Gliscor vs Sceptile part, Gliscor will never outspeed Sceptile naturally as Gliscor base Speed stat is 95, while Sceptile is 120, the only way Gliscor could outspeed Sceptile is for strange reason the Sceptile wasn't invested in Speed. If you're ever unsure about your IVs, you can use an IV calculator or talk to the stat judge in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center, you'll want to be looking for "outstanding" and "those stats can't be beat", if a stat "can't be beat", its a perfect IV (31).

Hmmm Is Tht So...... Ok Thx :D So Its Abnormal For Gliscor To Have 343 of speed?!?!? o_O

Hmmm Is Tht So...... Ok Thx :D So Its Abnormal For Gliscor To Have 343 of speed?!?!? o_O
I don't know how your Gliscor has 343 Speed, a lvl 100 Gliscor with a +speed nature and 252 Spe investment only reaches 317 Speed, the only way your Gliscor could have more than 317 Speed is if he's Batman...

Reactions: Hey_Its_Jay and 532
I don't know how your Gliscor has 343 Speed, a lvl 100 Gliscor with a +speed nature and 252 Spe investment only reaches 317 Speed, the only way your Gliscor could have more than 317 Speed is if he's Batman...

LMFAO XD HAHA!!! I Trained Him With Pokerus Thou XD Maybe Thts Fixes Something? o_O If not... Then I Gotz Batman XD

Thanks for the information guys I really did not very well what was IV training surely this will help me to get a better definition and understanding of IV training.So thanks again for the info even though I will never do it.

Thanks for the information guys I really did not very well what was IV training surely this will help me to get a better definition and understanding of IV training.So thanks again for the info even though I will never do it.
Well, actually you can't train IVs, IVs are like genetics, they're determined from birth, however you can train EVs via Super Training or horde battles.

Well, actually you can't train IVs, IVs are like genetics, they're determined from birth, however you can train EVs via Super Training or horde battles.

OMG UR RIGHT O.O SORRY XD MY GLISCOR HAS EXACTLY 317 SPEED O.O ITS MY WEAVILE THT HAS 343 HAHA OMG SORRY U WERE RIGHT I HAS NO BATMAN XD

You can check IVs in certain areas from each game generations 3 and up I'm very sure. It is long yet shorter in X/Y. Normally most people on here at least level their Pokemon up to 50 if that helps.
LMFAO XD HAHA!!! I Trained Him With Pokerus Thou XD Maybe Thts Fixes Something? o_O If not... Then I Gotz Batman XD
You must've read it wrong. Gliscor shouldn't have that high of a speed stat. Perhaps its 243?

IV Breeding
Good to have all max IV Ditto, better if foreign. You may be able to find a spare on here is you look hard enough or ask around.
Destiny Knot- Helps save EVs
Everstone- helps save nature
Don't forget egg moves are they are generally the most useful in the Pokemon you're using.

You can check IVs in certain areas from each game generations 3 and up I'm very sure. It is long yet shorter in X/Y. Normally most people on here at least level their Pokemon up to 50 if that helps.

You must've read it wrong. Gliscor shouldn't have that high of a speed stat. Perhaps its 243?

IV Breeding
Good to have all max IV Ditto, better if foreign. You may be able to find a spare on here is you look hard enough or ask around.
Destiny Knot- Helps save EVs
Everstone- helps save nature
Don't forget egg moves are they are generally the most useful in the Pokemon you're using.

Yeah Yeah I Confused Weavile With Gliscor Gliscor Has Exactly 317 Of Speed Thx Thou U Helped Lotz But Another Question... Egg Moves How Do U Like Make Them Be Passed On? Can Slowking Learn Stockpile? Im annoyed Off Cause My Salamance Never Learned Dragon Dance I Thought He Would Learn It On Hes Own But Seems Like It Was Via Egg Moves..... Anyways How U Do It? Thx Thou :)

One of the parents has to have the move learned. Sometimes it takes chain breeding. For example passing Head Smash from Scrafty to another like Hydregion, notably it has to be female to get a Deino with the move. (Someone with ORAS please check if Salamence can learn Head Smash through breeding? Thanks.)

diUv7fv.jpg

Reactions: Artisan
One of the parents has to have the move learned. Sometimes it takes chain breeding. For example passing Head Smash from Scrafty to another like Hydregion, notably it has to be female to get a Deino with the move. (Someone with ORAS please check if Salamence can learn Head Smash through breeding? Thanks.)

Hmmm.... Well Ok.... It Seems Like My Salamence Is To Late To Learn His Dragon Dance :( Man Thts A Shame :/ And Umm Acording To The Bulbapedia No Salamence Cant Learn Head Smash..... Heres A Link For More Info

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Salamence_(Pokémon)

You can always look towards the nooking junction to find pokemon breeder who would do the work for you in exchange for player coins. Just saying. Of course the downside to that is there is no satification in achieving the desire stats and move set on a pokemon.

Back