"I've got such a headache!"

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Given my recent experience with headyaches, I'm wondering how all of you cope or dealing with headaches? Do you get them often, or not at all? And do you have a tips to make sure that you don't have headaches anymore?

As for me, usually I would take some break or sleeping, and drinking some water as well to make sure the headaches go away.

I get a little overloaded sometimes - be it digital information or self-imposed quotas, or some other thing taking my time.
When that happens I unplug, get in some air, maybe do some busywork, and relax.

I used to get them often a while back, but recently I haven't been getting them as much as I used to.

When I got a bad one or a slight one turned into a bad one, I'd normally just go in a dark room and lay down for a while until it gets better. When that isn't an option, I take a tablet to ease it up (and the tablet I take is really effective).

I've had a few small headaches recently, mainly from a lack of sleep >.> (and this is from studying for exams, not staying up and playing games all night like normally xD). Otherwise, I don't get headaches often, but when I do, I just stop what I'm doing - which is usually being on the laptop or playing games at that point - and take a bit of rest in my bed. I try to get some fresh air too, which I find helps a little.

I have had a few, I'd say the last really bad one was back in October of last year. I actually went to the doctor cause it was so bad. The doctor asked me if I was drinking any soda whether it was diet or not. I told him I had been drinking come diet soda to cut back on the caffeine intake and he actually showed me where they did some scientific study about the Aspartame in diet sodas. Apparently it is a major cause of migrains and what not. Since then ive stopped drinking soda except like once or twice a week and my headaches have disappeared.

I hardly get them at all, which is great! xD

My advice is to take some painkillers (paracetemol or Ibuprofen) if you're 16 or over (bleh, forgot the actual age required xD), either of them can work wonders and take away the discomfort pretty quickly. Go for a nice brisk walk to clear your head, and try not to think about too many things at once, as it can overload your brain a lot. :p

... I told him I had been drinking come diet soda to cut back on the caffeine intake and he actually showed me where they did some scientific study about the Aspartame in diet sodas. Apparently it is a major cause of migrains and what not. Since then ive stopped drinking soda except like once or twice a week and my headaches have disappeared.
Diet soda is the wurst! I found some Diet Sprite the other day, and compared to Sierra mist, it smelled like industrial strength shoe-polish!
...My advice is to take some painkillers (paracetemol or Ibuprofen) if you're 16 or over (bleh, forgot the actual age required xD), either of them can work wonders and take away the discomfort pretty quickly.
Don't do too much though! Not only can it become habit-forming with frequent use, it wears off - like any drug, if it's wearing off, you'll need to take more just to get the same results. It's all downhill from there.

Reactions: 3823
Generally I get headaches everyday the tension kind of headaches they seem to be sings of depression, stress etc. So what i do is when you focus on something visually you seem to strain your forehead so I try to never focus like that its hard and keep a miniature smile.Also in your hands between your thumb and first finger pinch it for 30 seconds make sure it hurts but not a lot.For last but not least block your breathing in the left nostril of your nose for half an hour.

For some reason,hitting my head with things works for me.
Cant suggest that method tho.

I don't get them very often, but when I do, I usually just lay down and sleep and that helps it.

I take pills

Back