Iwata Programming BadA**

• Thread starter jandkas
  • Start date
jandkas

jandkas

Smash Hero
Towns Folk
I decided to censor myself since I don't know if swearing is going to be tolerated or not.

But anyways Satoru Iwata. Now, most know him as the president of Nintendo, but guess what? He didn't start out as a office noob. This guy is a programming genius. He demonstrates his prowess by
1. Programming Earthbound from scratch.
2. He ported the battle code of Pokemon Stadium to the Nintendo 64, WITHOUT ANY INSTRUCTIONS
3. Pokemon Gold and Silver, one of the most popular Pokemon games ever. When Gamefreak was still kind of noobish, they managed to fill the cartridge with just Johto. What does Iwata do? He compressed it enough for them to fit Kanto in. That’s right - this genius compressed an entire game down when the developers couldn't figure out how to make it work. Iwata don’t care! Iwata doesn't give a crap!
So, yeah. Between Sakurai, Miyamoto, Masuda, Tajiri, and Iwata, Nintendo is pretty much run by programming gods.

I've seen his name on the credits of quite a number of DSiWare games. I didn't realize he worked that closely with them. Though of course his name might be on the credits just because he's the president.

Reactions: jandkas
Well he also helped develop kirby as he was originally from HAL Laboratories

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto or the GameBoy head started as a janitor and just got promoted over time.

Also, Miyamoto doesn't program; he only designs the games AFAIK.

There's also Yamauchi, the most admirable business BA of all time! (ex-CEO/President/Chairman, largest shareholder)

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto or the GameBoy head started as a janitor and just got promoted over time.

Also, Miyamoto doesn't program; he only designs the games AFAIK.

There's also Yamauchi, the most admirable business BA of all time! (ex-CEO/President/Chairman, largest shareholder)
You're mistaking Gunpei Yoko, he was the inventor of the D-Pad and got promoted over time, but of course Miyamoto doesn't program but rather directs, supervises, and details the mechanics of the game.
For example its like a movie director, he sees how the movie works out as a whole and just needs the actors to do their parts. Miyamoto is like the director well because he is the game director and designer.

Miyamoto came up with all sorts of original ideas. And he made the top two franchises for Nintendo; Zelda and Mario. He's more of a person that directs the stories and ideas of games, but he started out as a toy developer/artist.

Miyamoto came up with all sorts of original ideas. And he made the top two franchises for Nintendo; Zelda and Mario. He's more of a person that directs the stories and ideas of games, but he started out as a toy developer/artist.
Fun fact: Miyamoto doesn't play his own games much. He just enjoys directing their creation.

Fun fact: Miyamoto doesn't play his own games much. He just enjoys directing their creation.

I didn't know that...
Now he is on his last years on Nintendo, sadly...

That's the saddest thing I've heard after hearing Candance from Phineas and Ferb is based on a schizophrenic girl who committed suicide.

I'm pretty sure he still enjoys playing them.

I'm pretty sure he still enjoys playing them.
Never said he doesn't enjoy games :p

Wait, I accidentally did.

Yeah, he enjoys playing them. He prefers making them. Sorry.

Reactions: jandkas
Never said he doesn't enjoy games :p

Wait, I accidentally did.

Yeah, he enjoys playing them. He prefers making them. Sorry.

Well, the creation of videogames is hard but awesome!

Shingeru Miyamoto is tripping but i wonder i he don't play his own games it's lame maybe he doesn't feel comfortable about it but never it's his own decision

Shingeru Miyamoto is tripping but i wonder i he don't play his own games it's lame maybe he doesn't feel comfortable about it but never it's his own decision

I think I can understand Miyamoto's decision. When you're making a game (generally), you only want one thing: to see others play it and tell you what they think of it.
Also, there's the fact that you know how it was made, so, it can break some of the magic, as you know how to get all the way towards the end of the game....

This is the reason Nintendo has come so far. It is all thanks to him we have all these great and enjoyable games. Long live Iwata!

It's pretty cool that Iwata has this background, but I wonder why Nintendo doesn't choose someone as the CEO with a more business- oriented background. Still, Iwata's a pretty good person and I think he has a pretty good idea of how to run the company.

It's pretty cool that Iwata has this background, but I wonder why Nintendo doesn't choose someone as the CEO with a more business- oriented background. Still, Iwata's a pretty good person and I think he has a pretty good idea of how to run the company.
Nah, generally, people who work in the "Marketing" section of a company would bring disaster if they were to become a CEO. Well, most of the people in Marketing bring enough disaster in any company (take a look at Microsoft and Sony), so, it's better this way. Though if Iwata is the origin of the Region Lock, I would classify him as a part-evil CEO.

Back